So Far So BrilliantI I

dezza

Reaction score
I am sitting in the midst of Darkest Ozland, drinking VB and reflecting in a superb 3 weeks spent in Africa, catching carp, yellowfish, grasscarp, mudfish and catfish, whilst spending time with old friends, in and around Gauteng Provice.

The carp went to just over 20 lbs, long lean pristine fully scaled commons, and the others as they should be, wild as they have evolved in nature.

Next week I move onto South Island, New Zealand, where I hope to get a few sea going brown trout on the fly.

Jet lag really starting to hurt.

Otherwise it's nice to get back to poartial roots.

SA has changed. There is certainly a lot more money around in this, the most advanced of all the African countries.

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying it Ron.

Take care though, lots of earthquakes and tsunamies forecast around the ring of fire. I should avoid Japan for a while. :(

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're having agood time Ron.

Why don't you have a crack at some 20lb plus NZ longfin eels whilst you're there... :)

Last edited:

dezza

Reaction score
I have made friends with a couple of Rainbow Lorakeets who have become quite tame. For those of you who do not know these birds, they are like small parrots with the colours of the SA flag.

They perch on your shoulder and eat bits of apple. No doubt I shall become quite attached to these birds. They don't squawk like Norwegian Blues, but they do have lovely plumage.

little oik

Reaction score
Are you taking a risk and practising C&R with the carp. And have a "tube or two for me "whilst your at it