Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Warning: bogus rod licence website

Saw this elsewhere, please beware when purchasing your rod licence online.

There is a website recently sprung up that offers a rod licence 'application service'. Although the words are in there to explain what you are actually paying for if you look carefully (an extra £10 for them to 'check' you application details and process the application), there is also some misleading stuff on there. e.g. They use the words "Sea and Coarse" to describe the licence type.

Dont get sucked in, buy yours from a post office. If buying online, the application is done through the post office website also.

For the bogus site, Google search 'buy rod licence' and it comes at the top of the search (Fishingrodlicence DOT Com)

cheers

bought mine over the phone - the Sunday before last and it arrived on Tuesday last week - excellent service
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Thanks folks, timely reminder, could have had hordes of EA officers and bailiffs after me on Sunday

Glad that I still renew at the post office, in person, saves this kind of hassle.

This Environment Agency - Home appears to be the pukka one.

Thanks for the warning, and the reminder!

Official line from the EA:

- We do not endorse this service. We are not associated with the website;

- Anglers can just as easily buy a licence on-line at Environment Agency - Fishing and without paying an additional administration fee;

- Anglers can also buy their licence over the counter at their local Post Office branch, by phoning 0844 800 5386 or by direct debit;

- The personal and financial data supplied to us is secure.

- An angler can go fishing immediately after completing the transaction process with us

- We are writing to the website owners to request that they remove the rod licence image, which we have not given them permission to use.

Blog Entries

Gotta be honest here when I read the website I though only a mug or an over-seas visitor would use such a service. And given the ease of access to a licence - POs, website and phone who in their right mind would use it?

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Official line from the EA:

- We are writing to the website owners to request that they remove the rod licence image, which we have not given them permission to use.

They should be prosecuting the B...... ds, never mind requesting them to stop, this countrys a joke
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Blog Entries

Conning sw***s!

Nowhere does it say what the charges befor eyou have entered all of your personal information. These people should be hung, drawn, and quartered.

I like this "Rod Licence Application Processing Services may suspend and/or terminate the provision of the Services to you in whole or in part without notice:"

We have your money now, thank you and goodbye.

Take them to court!

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

PS: being an nosey little devil I looked up where their grand offices were - these are they

Should say, thank you Google, for once you have proved invaluable.
    Last edited by Jeff Woodhouse; 01-04-2011 at 16:04.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

A few bricks through the windows would solve the problem, with note attached, or better still a petrol bomb, cant be doing with people like this.
    where is it Jeff?
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast