New tackle shop???

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Heard a rumour today that a new "walk round" tackle shop similar ro Climax is opening on the holbrook industrial estate near Mosbourogh in Sheffield

The chap who told me is another angler and oftern "in the know" on angling matters - anyone else heard anything about it?

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
In a nutshell M'Lud, Nop.
My mate told me today that local tackle shop that closed Jan this year has reopened with a different name. Will have to check it out. It's the only tackle shop local to me that doesn't mean a car journey.

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Wobbly Face (As Per Ed) said:
In a nutshell M'Lud, Nop.
My mate told me today that local tackle shop that closed Jan this year has reopened with a different name. Will have to check it out. It's the only tackle shop local to me that doesn't mean a car journey.

Is it from the ashes of Bennets ?? Local tackle emporium, with parking ? Super !

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I think this is way tackle shops are going. Industrial units are hard to get tenants for with the economic downturn . I have seen these type of angling superstores in France , huge space, ample parking and more like a supermarket to be frank.
Shame it will take away that familiar smell and banter of a proper tackle shop .

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Theres a shop like that around here, huge and its RUBBISH, Angling Direct it has to be the worst Tackle shop i have ever been in, and it's not cheap.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
jimmy, not from the ashes of Bennets. Changed from "The Rod Rest" to "Tight Lines". Only a small shop which seems to be a problem these days, no numbers of stock and little variety. Big is better, but not personal.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
There's a shop like that around here, huge and its RUBBISH, Angling Direct it has to be the worst Tackle shop i have ever been in, and it's not cheap.

Isn't that the outfit tied up with the Angling Trust :rolleyes:

Two old type tackle shops have closed locally this year, we do of course have Fishing Republic in nearby Sunderland :eek:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Bennett's used to be good in the fact that you could walk round the shop and look at items - then after the refit due to the flood most of the small item anglers buy most were kept behind the counter

I remember want soem hooks for carp fishign and having to ask the assistant to hand me diffent packs to compare - in the end I didn't buy any but went to Climax wher you can walk around and browes and bought the hooks from there