Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bob Car Guest

On the Carp Fishing Forum under the heading of "help needed again" a lot of fellow members are coming up with ideas for saving money by making their own bits of tackle.
    Knowing that there a quite a few other members that are classed as juniors or not so well off as some I think that it would be a good idea if we openly shared with others just exactly what our money saving ideas are.

Bob Car Guest

If you require small pots to keep ie float rubbers, loose hooks, beads, spare alarm batteries etc pop along to your local photographic developers and ask them if they have any spare film cases normally they will give them to you and you will be supprised what you can use them for.

Wendy Perry Guest

Yeha this is a fantastic thread Bob.... then i suppose you can mark the pots with whats in it )

Dave O'Loughlin Guest

I'm lucky in that a drug rep gave me some little boxes that people put daily medication in - good if you get the chance.
    Also the little transparent containers that screw into a tower that you can keep bits in - 1/2 the price at a haberdashers.

Nicky Garbutt Guest

for cheap hair stops i use pasta in comes in long bits and you can snap it to any size you like.

Nicky Garbutt Guest

a chap meat punch is macdonalds straws they also make good stiff tube when glued in to place they are see thought now.

Alan John Degville Guest

you can use film can's,or get some one who work's with drills to bring you the round plastic covers they come iv;e got loads from my work place, to make cheap swim feeder's just drill some holes in them put on a swivel link ,also straight spaghetti cut into small pieces for stopping meat coming of hook push hook through meat place small piece of spaghetti in between hook&meat pull hook back until it traps it against meat.I also use the square bait boxes to hold loads of bits of tackle.beings they are square the fit nicely into the corners of seatboxes

Nicky Garbutt Guest

to get cheap meat buy the bashed in tins from the bargin bin or the out of date meat. it doesnt matter if it is out of date cause your not eating it.

Alan John Degville Guest

Other savings can be made on groundbait is buy Layers chicken mash 7lb bag for about 0.70p from animal foodstuff suppliers ,or superfeed,vitalin can be had for about 8.00 for a 25 kilo sack,or buy Horse Molasses instead of the likes of Van Den End. You'll get a gallon for the price of a small bottle.

David Granger Guest

re the pots its best NOT to mark them ,going through them all kills time between runs

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast