Can You Make A difference?

Dave Verburg

Reaction score
Hi All
This is my firts thread on hear so please be gentle with me!
I run the recently set up Get Hooked On Fishing Project in Liverpool and i'm looking for some volunteers to help me run the scheme. I need someone who can spare a couple of tuesdays & wednesdays each month to teach upto 8 young people the basics of fishing. The scheme is much more than fishing as it aims to increase the self esteem and well being of the young people who take part. We do all our fishing at Lingmere fisheries on the Wirral the next time we are out is on the 2nd & 3rd of May. If you want to come along to see what we do you are most welcome. If you want to know more about Get Hooked On Fishing click on the link below. Hope to hear from you soon.
Dave
www.ghof.org.uk

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Come on you Scousers, help Dave out.

T

The Monk

welcome to FM Dave, an excellent project, good luck and well done mate

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave, unfortunately I am nowhere near your area, but I wishj you the best of luck with your venture.

I am sure that some of the FM members who live close-by will definitely help you out.

(Where is Ed when you need him?;-)

C

Chris Bishop

In Ireland with Graham, I believe. I've passed this to a couple of guys up there, hope someone contacts the guy.

Dave Verburg

Reaction score
Hi Chris

I have had a couple of replies and am in the process of trying to come to some arrangements. These things seem to take a bit of time but if you keep plugging on they seem to work out in the end. Hopefully the ed can come up some more names for when he returns from Ireland (lucky lad!) Thanks to everyone for their help so far it is appreicated.
Dave

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Nice website Dave. I'm 230 miles away so not much use, but good luck.

I take it, it's all covered with insurance and so on?

Dave Verburg

Reaction score
Hi Jeff

Yep all done through the organisation I work for which is Positive Futures. We are a social inclusion project which is attached to crime concern and part of the governments campaign to tackle drug and alchol abuse and anti social behaviour. Easy job eh!! I love it though. Enjoy you fishing.

Dave

MJ

Reaction score
Dave, I help run a new GHOF project in Preston. I've sent you a p.m. Drop me an email..

Dave Verburg

Reaction score
Hi MJ & Eddie

Thanks For you help via the emails you have given me a good starting point.

Cheers

honslow

Reaction score
Dave,
Not sure if it was you I spoke to about your recent trip to the Severn but you should drop us a line on the Angling Times newsdesk. We might be able to give the positions a plug in the paper.
Greg (Whitehead)

Dave Verburg

Reaction score
Hi greg

If you taling about the trip with Charles Jardine then it was me. If you send me an email with your contact details on then i'll get in touch next week.

daveverburg@hotmail.com

Thanks
Dave