Which Banned or Absent Person/s

quickcedo

Reaction score
As this is my 1000th post I thought I'd take the opportunity to look back at my time on FM and the Characters I've "met" on here. Some are now sadly gone for reasons I don't know.
So if you had the opportunity to bring back any one person who is banned or has left who would it be and why.
My vote would be for Paul (Brummie) Williams. Left or Banned I don't know but I miss his humour and his fishing knowledge.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well i am not sure if those who have been banned can't come back, after all we are under new owners.

Some got banned because they didnt see eye to eye with those at the top at the time, thats all changed.

Be good to hear from Richard Hewitt on this matter, and those who edit the site now. Why not give them a test period ?? if they over step the line then just cut them off again.

Remember many have gone as thats what they wanted at the time, they were not banned, but i see many more members from the past are posting more again now, and thats a good thing.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Very true Ray. Perhaps if enough post on this thread the powers that be may allow an amnesty and even if all don't wish to return, some may.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Baz was good for a wind up Scot Jimmy I liked But Ton Roca coca was a good bloke
Baz was back on and then went off, of his own accord. I even changed his sign on back to Baz for him. Jimmy, I don't think so or at least, not yet, but not my decision. Tony Rocca, sorry, but if you liked him a few on here didn't and he was banned for life.

Paul Williams, it's down to our boss, but both Geoff and myself got tired of his sniping comments and he could never let it drop. Even got an email from him in the new year, no change. I doubt he will be allowed back ever.

Can't think of anyone else that's banned, some (1 or 2) I would like back with a different attitude, but it's up to them. We've had a good almost 8 months of pleasant posting now, a bit of banter, and a few good strong debates, and still everyone is reasonably good mates - I think. Let's keep it that way.

There is no definate no in my dictionary, but I'm not always the one they have to convince.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Ed Bibby (brilliant scouse humour, and he did know just a little bit about fishing).

Steve Spiller (Never met him but obviously a thoroughly nice decent man). COME BACK MAN !!!.
Wendi Spiller (Can't have one without t'other, and she can tell me i'm wrong re above)

John Pleasance (Another very decent bloke who also knew a fair bit)

The DVSG (A knowledgable humorous group who post too rarely now)

Les Clark (He always made me laugh with his humour)

Wol Gaunt, Big Rik, Big Stu, Frothey, Cakey, Roto (all made me decide on signing up).

But, as with all web forums, there will always be a constant evolving of members.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ed Bibby (brilliant scouse humour, and he did know just a little bit about fishing).

Steve Spiller (Never met him but obviously a thoroughly nice decent man). COME BACK MAN !!!.
Wendi Spiller (Can't have one without t'other, and she can tell me i'm wrong re above)

John Pleasance (Another very decent bloke who also knew a fair bit)

The DVSG (A knowledgable humorous group who post too rarely now)

Les Clark (He always made me laugh with his humour)

Wol Gaunt, Big Rik, Big Stu, Frothey, Cakey, Roto (all made me decide on signing up).

But, as with all web forums, there will always be a constant evolving of members.

With the exception of JP and the DVSG and Big Rik I think you know where you will find the others . . . . . . . .

John P sort of left without a trace which is a shame as he was one of the original Wiltshire Maffia and we used to meet up a few times a year whenever I was back in England.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes COME BACK DEANOS YOU FAT LARD ASS!

The Monk - I miss his tips on fast food outlets.

Ron 'The Hat' Clay - we need the original one back, not the impostor posting as him and trying to mimic his style.

Bring back barbel wars - I always enjoy a good debate, but nothing to match it since.

Garry Baldy - does anyone know his currant location?

Chub Angler - what happened to him? Very charismatic...

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Ed (scouser, frog, Bibby). His fault I got me name.:D
Cakey for his services to fund raising with his "charity auction".
Baz, if only for his mince pie joke at Christmas.
There has also been a down turn in posts by some already mentioned. Great shame but work is work. I'm having to spend more days in work plus extra traveling which takes me away from FM.:mad:
Yes, characters and banter gone, but also the wars.

quickcedo

Reaction score
We've had a good almost 8 months of pleasant posting now, a bit of banter, and a few good strong debates, and still everyone is reasonably good mates - I think. Let's keep it that way.
I kind of agree with that, except I don't want it to stay the same or it will stagnate and fail. I was just looking back at my time on FM nothing more. Forums like all things evolve I accept that but I do miss most of the above. FM appeared to me to be more vibrant with there presents. We also appeared to have a larger range of posters then with very differing views which made for a very lively debate, rather than the "I prefere this rod" threads.

PS I put this in General fishing in the hope that some of the above may look in without login on and realise they are missed on here.

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Of those "missing in action", I would love to see the return of the ladies. Apart from their fishing prowess, they used to contribute to lively debate and sometimes temper the more vociferous amongst us! :)

Claudia has moved to a different part of the country and has many things going on in her life, I'm not even sure she gets out fishing much at all now. She was an excellent poster (and catcher of fish), supported many of the fish-ins and was always happy to contribute to the forum.

Sue North is a fine angler, particularly with a fly rod, and great to be around. But she's an exceptional photographer and I reckon that's her first love.

If Steve Spiller would come back, then Wendi would be needed to control him and bring the sensible, efficient and angling skill part of the Spiller family to the forum. :p

Then there's Wendy Perry, the erstwhile "celebrity". She's "out there" in a big way and I reckon her presence on the forum would induce a lot of discussion. :rolleyes:

In any event, if one or more of the above, or any other of the fairer sex, would like to contribute, then The Monk and a few others would return very quickly, their "radar" usually works pretty quickly!
:cool::D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
She's "out there" in a big way and I reckon her presence on the forum would induce a lot of discussion.

Including legal references no doubt to the 'copyright' of photographs.

Sue and Colin are both missed, as is Claudia; mind you, my ear has never been the same ever since I tried to teach her how to cast a fly on the Avon.