delete me please

noknot

Reaction score
That's a shame Alfie, and I'm sure that you are not alone on this, just that you posted this thred alerts people to it, and who can really blame you after the "Circus" this forum has been in the last week!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
That's a shame Alfie, and I'm sure that you are not alone on this, just that you posted this thred alerts people to it, and who can really blame you after the "Circus" this forum has been in the last week!

And just when we needed them in comes noknot

and on comes the music

"Bring in the clowns, there ought to be clown - don't worry he's here":)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Such a serious fellow Noknot, forums are also for light hearted banter, Im sure if Alfies still about he will see the funny side, even if you dont:D

chav professor

Reaction score
Surprised you found the site 'clicky' - I tried a fish-in last year organised by FM to put some faces to names - It was a great day. I even caught my first Grayling!

I didn't know wether forums were for me when I signed up - but they are good fun, great resource for advise - (two way process) - and fun to have a bit of a banter....

Even though S-Kippy doesn't like my taste in feathery floats - I know he is a great bloke:D And as for sharing my views on supporting the close season:D:D:D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score

It's always been a Circus, but it hasn't the Big Clowns like other sites.......:)

noknot

Reaction score
Such a serious fellow Noknot, forums are also for light hearted banter, Im sure if Alfies still about he will see the funny side, even if you dont:D
That's the thing, I'm not a "serious fellow" far from it, but what has gone on over the last few days cannot be called
"Banter"! More akin to 'Spamming" the "new post" page, those that have done this have done it with intent, So is that funny at all? No I don't think so!

But carry on Gent's with your little digs and pathetic attemps at baiting, you are doing a fine job for FM, you must be so proud of what you have done....

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
That's the thing, I'm not a "serious fellow" far from it, but what has gone on over the last few days cannot be called
"Banter"! More akin to 'Spamming" the "new post" page, those that have done this have done it with intent, So is that funny at all? No I don't think so!

But carry on Gent's with your little digs and pathetic attemps at baiting, you are doing a fine job for FM, you must be so proud of what you have done....

Well people seem to be enjoying it - and even joining in - the owner hasn't spoke out about it, the mods aren't doing anything

and you keep posting on them

Go on admit it - you're secretly enjoying all this - come out of the closet and be open about things - were braod minded we wont judge you

I for one will judge him;)

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

I've just check an alfies back on line - welocme back alfie

little oik

Reaction score
Mind you can I be deleted .Didn't realise that this was a fishing site .Should have read the large print I suppose!!!:wh

Reaction score
Yes good point. You would have thought there would be a lot more trawler boat captains on the site. Instead we have to put up with all these silly anglers and there odd little ways.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Alfie's request sounded a bit like Groucho Marx -

"I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."

"Cancel my subscription that newspaper." - you don't have a subscription - "Well then, take one out and cancel it immediately, signed - disgusted."

:D :D :D

quickcedo

Reaction score
those that have done this have done it with intent
The intent of what? Having a laugh? I don't believe anyone one this site would wish it any harm or intentionally want to put people off being a member and joining in. There is a serious side to the site as we all know but there has to be fun too. Or else it becomes boring. The only reason bait box took over was, no posts were being made on the fishing threads.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
"...no posts were being made on the fishing threads."

Because everyone who could scratch together the petrol money was out fishing.
Once the clocks go back, or the great drought of 2011 knackers the fishing, everyone will be back at their keyboards talking fishing.
Therefore, the longer the silly season, the better.

Sort of.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Like I said I only look at todays posts using the quick links - so unfortunately I missed Alfies Rod post because of all the greatest threads :(

Well it must be true what they say about this forum needing fine bait - not even a liner on this one