R. Yare matches

Waveney One

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me posting this on here , but it may be of interest to some.

Just in case no one else has mentioned this, Nick Larkin (Nisa Feeders) is sponsoring the R. Yare matches this summer. Based on weight, your best 8 weights out of the 14 matches from 24th June to 30th September will be added up. The person with the greatest weight in his best 8 matches will win ?500, 2nd will win ?300 and 3rd will win ?200.

As you may have seen from the weeklies, the opening day match was won with 113lb 3oz second was 61lb 5oz and I was 3rd with 61lb 1oz. Saturday different sections of the river were used and the weights were 57lb 0oz, 55lb 7oz and Mark Pollard was 3rd with 49lb 5oz.

So if you are getting bored with carp and fancy a go at river bream and roach against a quality field then the R. Yare could be the answer. New gates have now been erected to replace the stiles as well so there is no need to lift trolley's over the stiles anymore. Even I (just about :)) managed the longest walk on the venue on Friday and I take a mountain of gear.

To book in Ring Keith Ford on 01603 483923 or 07979 001351 by Friday of each week.

Waveney One

Reaction score
It's not always that the bream feed mind you. Sometimes you need upper doubles of roach, the best bag I can remember of roach was just over 30lb. You nearly always need at least upper doubles to frame there. The fish move in and out of the match length. Sometimes it's roach, sometimes its bream especially if there is any colour in the river.

C

Chris Bishop

Two or three years back, they had a match on there when something like 30 2lbs-plus roach were caught.

On the subject of big bags, there was a near 200lbs bream and tench net off the Cut-Off Channel last week and the Great Ouse was throwing up 70 - 80lb nets last week.

Waveney One

Reaction score
Nick Larkin is winning the league by a few pounds from Robert Hubbard. I am not saying that Nick is tight, but he would rather put up ?500 quid from his taxable income and win it back again himself, tax free! Last week the bream fed and Robert Hubbard had 153lb 0oz which is how he has caught up with Nick who had a 95lb bag earlier in the series. Todays results were a long way down from those dizzy heights.

The colour has dropped out of the river because of all the rain we had during the week and the bream refused to feed. Bremes came all the way from Nottingham, didn't draw particularly well on the Boards and found the river out of sorts for the bream he had specifically come down for. C'est la vie! The river was alive with roach though. Never mind mate, there is always next time.

Anyway the results:- 51 fished
Will Freeman - Browning Hotrods - 27lb 0oz, skimmers on the feeder .
The next 3 weights were all roach weights on the pole.
Chris Jackubowski - Deben - 24lb 5oz
Glenn Carter - Nisa Waveney - 23lb 3oz
John Taylor - Sensas Mark One - 22lb 0oz
Ward Smith - Nisa Waveney- 20lb 9oz -skimmers on the feeder
John Platton - Suffolk County - 19lb 13oz roach on the stick float.

The 7/8peg sections including defaults - 12lb 6oz, 10lb 13oz, 19lb 3oz, 19lb 13oz, 19lb 2oz, 19lb 0oz, 12lb 0oz. A lot of people stayed on the feeder even though they weren't catching a lot as the "bream will switch on in a minute". I got the pole out for the last hour and a half and had 10lb of roach to add to the 3lb or so I had caught on the feeder. I'd been saying for 3 1/2 hours that I should get the pole out. Why oh why didn't I listen to myself! Smacks back of hand and logs details for future bagging session.