Ideas for worms

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

"Ideas for worms"

Under cooked pork is a surefire way of getting them, I understand.....

Getting coat...............

J

Jack Pike BA

Theres nothing wrong with brandlings I have been using them for the last ten years you name the fish I,ve caught it on a brandling yes including a sturgeon

B

Budgie Burgess

" you name the fish I,ve caught it on a brandling"

Arapaima?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"you name the fish I,ve caught it on a brandling"

Killer whale

E

Guppy

E

Convict cichlid

B

Budgie Burgess

Yeagh you name the brandling and Ive caught it on the fish!

Ooops sorry getting confused again....

P

paul williams 2

Killer Whale?.......and i thought you were a piscatorial head........... Ed!

B

Budgie Burgess

I think your well out of order Paul trying to make out that Ed's got a drink problem..

P

paul williams 2

He spills it! ...thats what comes of drinking your tea outa hub cap instead of a saucer like the rest of us!

Ron emailed me to say that Ed.........honest!

nicky

Reaction score
back on the brandlings today and caught my personal best rudd of about 1lb using ledger tactics, I say about 1lb as i didnt have scales but i could see it was the biggest i've ever caught, plus I missed loads of bites whilst concentrating on the float rod.

Although i was fishing caster on the float rod i tried brandlings a few times throughout the day as a change bait and caught the only two perch of the day and another couple of largish rudd they definitely work in this particular pond.

I almost run out of casters today so I'm going to rely on the worms a bit more tomorrow and see what happens.

I'm finding this experiment very interesting and if these are the results of using an inferior worm it'll do me, but it would will be interesting to see how things pan out in the longer term.

P.S trout seem to take a fancy to them as well

E

Evan

I've never been a great fan of worms over the years and especially not brandlings - never caught anything worthwhile on them.

Until this last year or so while Matt C has been demonstrating his ability to outfish me on all occasions by using lobworms..... so gradually coming round to trying them, but still a little doubtful.

Now if a two hook rig was allowed...... :)

nicky

Reaction score
I used chopped worm mixed with hemp today and caught 13 tench up to about a 1lb.
I had lobs and brandlings in the chopped mix and was alternating between bits of the brandling and bits of lob on the hook and caught confidently on both I cant say i noticed a preference to one or the other.

about 8 of the tench were caught on worm the last 5 on bread flake.

Had a very interesting day in which i caught 3 roach my largest ever roach which looked over a 1lb, 2 bright red goldfish, 1 brown gold fish, a small miror carp and all from a tiny little pond choked with canadian pond weed which no one seriously fishes, raked a little swim out yeterday and after i'd finsihed fishing threw in a pile of worm hemp and bread as pre bait reday for today.

What a cracking pond, had my largest rudd from there yesterday, plus about 40 or 50 other all on caster.

Sorry to go on just really enjoyed myself today

nicky

Reaction score
i keep coming back to this thread because after getting quite a few negative responses about using brandlings as bait i thought i'd perform a sort of casual experiment, and try and keep some track of fish etc caught on brandlings.

Used them last week and caught a couple of decent bream and a carp.

used them again today and caught plenty of tench and perch on them.

I caught a few fish on bread, maggots, and corn as well, but brandling and earthworm were by far the best bait today, chopped or whole.

This thing about brandlings being an inferior bait just isn't ringing true for me, they seem to be a cracking all round bait.

Noticed that phil had is 10lb tench on them as well

E

You'd have caught twice as many fish on something else

E

How do you know you wouldn't have caught twice as many fish on something else