Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Robo fish

Blog Entries

Default Robo fish

I was watching TV the other night and saw an article about robo-fish. Just googled it and found this too:
    BBC - Earth News - Robofish accepted by wild fish shoal

So... How daft is this?
    If shoal fish will follow a replica of themselves, perhaps we should reconsider the use of our 'lures' in fishing; perhaps we should try using a lure as a teaser (as per marlin fishing) when roach/rudd fishing?
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Default Re: Robo fish

Liberationist robo-bass to steer the schoolies away from the fleets?

Blog Entries

It was part of an experiment in discovering why fish school up rather than swim in a shoal.

Now I didn't know the difference between a shoal and a school, but a shoal is where a gathering of fish swim in different directions and a school of fish all swim together in one direction, near enough.

It was testing if the fish would follow one and in a shoal, it would be the fish that makes the more determined movements. The shoal then becomes a school.

IS this wacky? No, because I witnessed a mate of mine catch a carp once and it's two mates followed it in, move for move - because it was making the more determined and decisive movements.

Will it help us catch more fish? Probably not.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Blog Entries

But it could lure distant shoal fish into our swim where we can catch them. Interesting isn't it?
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Blog Entries

Shh Geoff! Cut out fish suspended under a bait boat might well become the next big thing and I want to be the first to use one and be pictured making sheeps eyes at an obese carp in AT. I can see story now:

Sean Meeghan pictured with Big Boy from West Yorkshire super fish water Gut Buster Pools. Sean caught the fish on the sixth day of a week long session at the super water. " I was starting to pack my gear up to go back to sign on when I got the take" said Sean. " It was a hard battle as I was fishing at 500 yards range with my baits on the far bank of Mig Bac pool whilst I was bivvied up on KCT pool. Dragging the fish through the marginal weed and across the car park took some doing. If I hadn't been using my Tickle Tackle ICBM Nuke Em rods I don't think I'd have done it said the unemployed brain surgeon."
    The Old Pedant

Quot homines, tot sententiae. My blog