Rother Carp

J

john ledger

Back to the fishing and thank god for that.
I believe that the Rother if free from pollution will become one of Yorkshire premier fisheries.
Take a walk from the horse stables near the Beeches and you will see what i mean,every conceivable swim and loads of potential.
Marcus
Call it a draw and good fishing to you,i think there was misunderstanding on both sides.If we could get rid of politicians and religion and everybody went fishing the world would be a better place(so long as they keep out of my swim)

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Fine with me John :)

Its good to hear the rother (and indeed the don), are on the up. I remember both rivers when i was a lad, black and stinking.

Maybee one time i'm up visiting my folks we could meet up and have a crack at those dace?

Sorry for any bad feeling, hope the black pudding was good!!!

Found a butchers in brighton a few weeks ago that does proper pork scratchings, very happy!!!

Regards

Marcus

J

john ledger

No problem if you come back up here give me a bell i will buy you a pint and take you fishing (on me thats a promice)

J

john ledger

Just had a pint Marcus and i cannot spell promise with an s not a c.
No hard feelings

J

john ledger

No problem Ian although when i buy one i usually like three back.
Back to the Rother carp i know that some huge ones where caught at the side of the Hovis flour mill.They used to feed on the food coming out of the outlet and i did hear they where going over 20lb

I

Ian Cloke

Might be worth a trip to look at the Hovis stretch then John?

J

john ledger

Too many idiots Ian and i dont mean anglers,put it this way when i fish it and i only fished it for the Angling Star article i had a Netsky Knife between my legs and thats not what i want to be doing when fishing(looking over your shoulder).
Its a handy weapon for filleting yobs(tongue in cheek)