Shimano Stradic 2500 problem

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
On a mullet trip this weekend I fell in the shallows of the Stour estuary with the result that sand appears to have got into the reel. I rang Shimano Felindre to ask if they can sort it and he seems very reluctant to even try and whilst not saying he wouldn't try he didn't hold out much hope so I am not confident of him even bothering to be honest. I turned the handle so he could hear it and he said "sorry mate I think its knackered" I am reluctant to even send it now.

Does anyone know of other service centres or someone that would attempt to clean it out, the damned thing is only a year old and I wouldn't like to write it off without trying something.

Desperate of Gloucs.

stikflote

Reaction score
its easy to take apart and put back together, why not have ago the sand is most likely behind the spool unless it managed to get down the spindle

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I reckon I'd have a go myself.

Last season I had a couple of Shimano reels serviced by The Tackle Box in Kent and they did a fantastic job. They're mainly a carp shop but give them a ring. Tel. (0)1322 292400

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Thanks for that Matt, I rang them and explained the problem and he said no problem we will completely strip the reel and take every last bit of sand out including the clutch. Thats a relief, thanks again mate.