Fishery Rules!!!

watatoad

Reaction score
The use of the English language appears to be an area of concern, perhaps at least spelling could be improved by using an English rather than American dictionary/spell checker, punctuation might also be improved by having the language checker set to formal classic English (UK). However as this is a web site about angling rather than an education improving site, perhaps we should just accept teachers failure to educate as a fact and get on with the real task of chatting about angling in its many forms coupled with the off topic moans and groans.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Pole Tapping : " Oi Brzenczyszczykhewicz give us a quid "

Last edited:

klik2change

Reaction score
Are you sure:confused:
"Teachers are encouraged to avoid pointing out mistakes for fear of 'crushing creativity' or 'undermining confidence', and to give pupils a choice of tasks to undertake in class".
Who’s the tw*t now?:rolleyes:

This notion is fondly cherished by the daily mug, along with the idea that there must be no competition in school games.
The truth is all teachers are required to check and point out spelling and grammatical mistakes. To paraphrase Plato, "All teachers are teachers of literacy". Obviously some kids can barely write, never mind spell, so we proceed tactfully and try to help. The great majority of kids read and write perfectly well on the whole, so they are always corrected as and when necessary.
As for schools not encouraging competition... the mind boggles! The most competitive human creatures are teachers of PE. Again if someone has a valid reason for not participating [injured, ill etc] then that's ok. Teams are usually composed of kids with a similar level of skill, precisely to encourage competition. Surely nobody could disagree with any of this?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Are you sure:confused:
"Teachers are encouraged to avoid pointing out mistakes for fear of 'crushing creativity' or 'undermining confidence', and to give pupils a choice of tasks to undertake in class".
Who’s the tw*t now?:rolleyes:

This notion is fondly cherished by the daily mug, along with the idea that there must be no competition in school games.
The truth is all teachers are required to check and point out spelling and grammatical mistakes. To paraphrase Plato, "All teachers are teachers of literacy". Obviously some kids can barely write, never mind spell, so we proceed tactfully and try to help. The great majority of kids read and write perfectly well on the whole, so they are always corrected as and when necessary.
As for schools not encouraging competition... the mind boggles! The most competitive human creatures are teachers of PE. Again if someone has a valid reason for not participating [injured, ill etc] then that's ok. Teams are usually composed of kids with a similar level of skill, precisely to encourage competition. Surely nobody could disagree with any of this?

This answer was in direct response to the last line of #32
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]'Better that than moaning and groaning on an angling forum, yes banter at the stupidity of some rules BUT leave the criticism of spelling mistakes to the teachers in classrooms'.

[FONT=&quot]Apparently this report, comissioned by the Mayor of London, has a difference of opinion to yourself. I have no further comment.

Read more: One in five school leavers can't read: Trendy teaching is 'still harming pupils' learning' | Mail Online

[/FONT]

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Whom are you asking?

It's certainly enhanced my thinking; sometimes , half way into a post, I realise I've been confusing what I feel with what I think, and an "agonising reappraisal" has been required.

When I set out to write a long post on gudgeon fishing being totally relaxing because it doesn't matter, I had to reset the whole thing, as I realised I'd been fooling myself. Fortunately, that time, I did all the rethinking in private.

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
One question, has your use of forums enhanced your use of English in any way?

Seeing as it's an open question:

Not really, only the fact that I ain't allowed to swear.:eek:mg:
Though LMAO, LMFAO, WTF, FRO, FFS and FFFS, do suffice.;)

Forums do give many a great opportunity too pontificate. Some would argue me included, I'd say not but cos I can't say FRO proper loik, I'm forced to unduly articulate.:eek::D