Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    yoggy Guest

In my opinion,especially after the last few days i fear that there are alot of anglers that just take fishing way to serious.For most of us fishing is simply a pastime.Sure enough,we can be passionate,set ourselves goals and simply enjoy fishing for what it is.But we must be careful and not argue between ourselves.Fishing should bring people together not seperate them.Its such a shame that fully grown men can fall out over sometimes minor inccidents.The passion for angling still remains but this passion i`m afraid holds a bitter selfishness for some.Chill out,and enjoy your fishing,because we aint on this planet long.

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

"All we are saying is give peace a chance!!"

Fair comment Yoggy.

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member) Guest

Take a tip from the Morris Dancers and Bell ringers.

They are always happy!

You're quite right Yoggy, but the trick is learning how to laugh at most of it and be entertained by it.

Seriousness is in the eye of the beholder.

Terrorism, children being abused and people dying of incurable illnesses.

Now that really is serious.

I think the Morris dancers and Bell ringers are always happy....because they are always "sloshed" Ron!!!!

I have just run out of no8 shot…the tackle shop is shut today, this IS very serious, I think you should add this to the list that you have posted Graham.

What about a new competition where we all send in suggestions for the most serious things we can think of…and the winner gets a very expensive fishing rod!
    It’s the only way I will ever win one on FM!

One of my regular haunts in Warwickshire was the Stag's Head in Offchurch, next to the River Leam.

Amongst the patrons of this pub were merry teams of bell ringers and Morris Dancers. They were always 3 sheets to the wind.

The village church had one of the best peals of bells in Warwickshire.

The vicar often joined the bell ringers; and the happy throng when there was Morris dancing.

He was often 6 sheets to the wind.

I was always very impressed by these two groups of people, always merry and always laughing.

The local archery club were also nice people. I nearly took up that sport again.

Do you know that there is a law that has never been repealed. It goes back to 1214.

If you kill someone whilst you are practising your archery you will not be prosecuted.

To the bow my jolly fellows, to the bow!

A nice recurve and arrows will fit well in your quivers!

Line up the hoodies to practice on.

)

The longbow was a mighty weapon Ron!…
    Do you think you could hit John Presscots fat ass at 50yds with one?

Without any doubt mate.

I used to be able to get 5 arrows in the gold at 50 yards - no problem.

I would make myself a special arrow with nice evil barbs for 2 jags, so the b*****d couln't get it out!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast