Thermal Boots

P

paul clarke

i have just bought a pair if "mukluks" and they are extremely snug and warm . they have a removeable liner and are very comfortable to walk in. wendy , they do sell sizes for ladies aswell and they retail at about ?40:00......mind you , where i am "down south" , we lack the arctic conditions to really test them out properly !!!!

W

Wendy Perry

Paul do they have a web site ?? i could then go on and have a look ?

S

Steve Burke

I've tried most makes of moon boots over the years but rarely wear them any longer as I find them uncomfortable to walk in.

Instead I wear Sundridge Neoprene Boots. These are very flexible which means they're incredibly comfortable. They're much cooler in summer and almost as warm in winter as moon boots. On the coldest of days I just wear an extra pair of socks and one of those aluminium foil liners. RRP of these boots is only ?39.99, but less if you shop around.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Steve, are these like waders or are they like boots, I don't think I've seen them?

P

Paul Williams

I also find moonboots a pain to walk in so i only use them when i have little walking to do.
Shakespeare market a neoprene lined boot and like Steve i find this type great for all but the most severe of winter weather, and i can walk a bit in them!

P

paul clarke

wendy , i'm afraid i don't know if they have a website but if you pop into your local tackle dealer , he may be able to get some more info , paul

S

Steve Burke

Rodney, the Sundridge Neoprenes I'm referring to are boots. After the Shakespeare High Back Chair they're the best bit of kit I've got this year!

Wendy might appreciate that they come in 3 different colours: green/black, green/navy and red/navy. Unfortunately though the smallest size is a 6, which is too big for my wife.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There's a review of the Chub Field Boots just gone on board here:
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1472>Chub Field Boots</A>

W

Wendy Perry

they are available in only 7,8,9,10 etc etc

none for a little lady :eek:( ohhhhhhhhh

A

Andy Blessett

No one has mentioned SKEETEX field boots. They have removeable thick fleece linings that can be used as 'bivvy boots'. The outer boot is very easy to put on and take off and there's no problem with lacing or unlacing. I've only worn them a couple of times so far but have found them very warm and comfortable. The bottom half is rubberised so you can paddle around in up to several inches of water without any bother. You can get them for around ?40 and for those that are bothered, they're quite smart.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Thanks to everyone for the info and opinions, I think I?ll go with the Chub and hopefully they will last a couple of winters. At the price I think the main brands mentioned seem to all do the job required of them and the only thing making me choose the chub version is they were one of the two pairs I was interested in at the start and then the review Graham did, along with the feedback from the posts by people who said they were good.

Now where's my wallet?...err, it's almost Christmas maybe I'll wait a few weeks
(sorry to all those who may be offended by hearing the Ch word). ;-}~

C

Chris Bishop

I varnished my Dr Marten's and they lasted a couple of seasons.

C

Chris Bishop

Except the toes wear through eventually if you kneel down to unhook fish

I

Ian grant

I've got a pair of sundridge hot foots rrp
?29.95,warm as toast-i wear them with bare
feet in coldest weather-removable washable
liners,this will be their second winter,and
still going strong.

C

Cheese Paste

i bought the chub boots last week. make sure you wear a thick pair of socks because your heel will becone sore at first until they are worn in.

D

Del Jarman

C.P. Wish I had seen your post a bit earlier as I bought a pair today. Still forwarned is for-armed as they say so thanks for the advice.

Del.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Yeah thanks CP, I have plenty of thick socks due to the fact my old boots were crap at keeping the cold out. Strange that cause they let it in but didn't let it out again. ;-}~

C

Chris Bishop

Skeetex boots might keep your feet warm but they have zero grip on the soles. Lethal round here where a lot of the drains and rivers have sloping banks.

I just shelled out on some of them Wychwood ones - they look the business, plenty of grip and pretty robust.

Guy in the local shop said you didn't need to wear sox with them. Anyone know if this is right..?

M

Mike Fidler

He's right but it don't half make for sweaty, smelly inserts Chris. I used mine the other day and was pretty imobile for 14 hours and my feet had sweated in them. Wear some thin sports socks mate.