ANGLERS MEALS

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Bob, the Stagg chilli is ok, but Chris's Tai curry is the DOGS!
That was the best cook up I've ever had on the bank. Sorry little Sis, your brekkie was good, but not as good as the feast that Chris did!

I also do a mean stew, I'll show you next year Chris???

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Chris.
Any chance of your Tai curry recipe?

Steve.
What was the stag chilli recipe?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Best fishing breakfast is fresh (within 2 hours) layed eggs from the farm up my road, about 4 rashers of Fortnum & Mason home cured hickory smoked bacon, a couple of Waitrose Supreme chipolata sausages, best Italian canned plum tomatos from M&S and a thick slice of Bury black pudding with all the big white lumps of fat in it.

To wash this down, a cup of tea made with fresh filtered water heated in a kelly kettle, Oolong Ceylon special tea, again from Fortnums and a squirt of milk from Molly's udder, a friendly old cow who lives at Collingham.

You will never beat that for a breakfast.

T

The Monk

dont you use the MacDonalds (Big Breakfast)bivvy delievery service then Ron

B

Ron.
I couldn't get it that fresh but I'll have a go at being second best. That sounds a superb breakfast.

My tip.
Practice at home in the garden before doing it on the bank.

Deanos

Reaction score
Give over Ron!

Take a box of cornflakes, put in half a bag of sugar, pour a pint of milk into the box, shake it, then tuck in!

Fortnum and mason!

Z

Zi-Zu

Baz,
Dead easy,crispy deep fried strips of chicken breast in peanut oil with fresh garlic,ginger, bonnet chilli,add 1/2 jar tescos red thai paste, and a whole tin of coconut milk,just before serving add a generous sploosh of fish sauce and Kikomans soy sauce and finely sliced spring onions and fresh coriander.
Total cooking time about 20 minutes bankside.
Boil in the bag Tesco rice ends up a bit soggy but not too bad.
2 tins of Stella keeps the fire down.

R

Well there you are, bloody typical. I give you all an idea for a superb breakfast and you knock me down.

MacDonalds indeed....... UUuuurrrggghhh!!

Give me Dirty Harry's anytime.

OK , you tell me where I can get better bacon than at Fortnums, or better sausage from a supermarket than those at Waitrose? Bloody sausages at Tescos and Asda are vile!!

And I'm having great difficulty in finding decent black pudding anymore. All you get here is that greyish looking scabby stuff at Tescos. I think I will have to drive to Bury or Wigan and get the proper stuff one day.

And whilst we are at it, I love marmalade. Not that cheap and pabby crap you get at the local shop, but the real stuff produced on Charles' estate. Got a huge jar of it when I was last in London. It was only a fiver from Fortnums.

Deanos

Reaction score
Dear Money bags Ron :))))

You are being mugged mate..MUGGED!

I know a fair bit about the duchy stuff! Made by those blessed to LEECH off us poor working folk!

You have more money than sense!

R

Well you tell me were I can get better marmalade? I still have the original jar which holds 5 times more marmalade than those from my supermarket that cost ?1.50.

And the fact that it is organic, and the fact that it TASTES better than Tesco special, will make me buy it again. Some of the chemicals listed on the Tesco stuff is enough to make you puke.

I don't mind paying a bit extra for decent produce. I grew up on a farm where we had the best of everything as kids. Much of the food I grew up on we didn't have to pay for, we went down the fields, into the henhouse, or had a pig up and slaughtered it ourselves. What's wrong with that? My Grandmother used to cure all our own bacon. If you want me to buy common supermarket s**t that has white slush oozing out of it when you cook it, you can think again.

What's good enough for the HRHs is good enough for me.

You surely don't mean that I should buy all my food at Netto do you?

F

Fred Bonney

Thai fish sauce, Paul,adds just that bit more than salt.
So,Jocks?

Do those Waitrose sausages have lots of herbs in them,Ron? Not too herby I hope.
Despite living in the finest sausage producing county, I've yet to find a decent breakfast sausage.
I get a regular supply of the old black pudding from Bury, from my neighbour, who visits his home town on a regular basis.

R

My favourite breakfast sausage is a chipolata. M&S in Rotherham used to do them and then it closed down.

These days I have formed a habit of visiting my nearest Waitrose in Newark. Their sausages are very good indeed.

I used to have a little butcher at the top of the street. He used to make marvellous tomato sausages. Everyone in the area loved them. Then he closed down.

The best British sausages I ever tasted came from a little butcher in Warwick, just down the road from the castle.

Again after two years of bliss, this guy closed down. It seems that when ever someone tries to make a really quality product in this country, they struggle.

B

The sausage shop in Clitheroe takes some beating. And they make them in their own skins. It's a crime to eat them with anything else.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
My local butcher does the best sausages going Fred, I will bring some with me on my next visit.

Baz, 3 tins of Stagg Hot chilli and 3 bags of boil in the bag rice. Enough for four or five servings and dead easy on the bank.

honslow

Reaction score
M&S CTM with boil in the bag brown rice. Easy and bloody tasty if I may say so myself!
Breakfast involves as much as I can fit in a large frying pan and be bothered to carry (usually half a dozen eggs, eight bacon and six sausages - don't mess about with anything else, just get that protein fix!).

F

Fred Bonney

Steve,he's been demoted.
Fish? Who said anything about fishing?