ANGLERS MEALS

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I thought it might be a good idea if we could list a range of meals for the single angler.

All meals to be cooked on a single burner (coleman).

From the ordinary to the slightly more unusual.

Partly prepared at home?

Prepared fully on the bank.

Plus any other tips.

Please give your recipe AND cooking instructions.

Deanos

Reaction score
Master chef Bazzzzzzil Rou,

Here is my contribution regarding a menu plan for the single angler.

In these days of healthy eating, this wholesome meal can act to ?purge? the body in the form of HUGE quantities of methane gas and the expelation of the stomach contents under huge pressure within 30 minutes of finishing.

Stewed offal served on a bed of cous cous with a raspberry coulisse sauce sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.

For a sweet, ?snicker bar fritters? served with cold onion gravy and mushy peas.

To drink with the meal I suggest?
A lot of lager!

A large white bucket for the ?aftermath.?

To cook, get ?slaughtered? first, then light your stove, put on your ?Ken Hom Wok?, (not one of those plastic ground bait bowls given away as a ?freebie? by anglers mail, as it may catch fire, and this can be dangerous!).
A tip??..
I always find bank sticks make excellent tools for stirring the lovely food in the wok lads!

Enjoy!

Z

Zi-Zu

Baz,
For that quicky when I haven't got guests round can't beat;
1 tin of good quality stewing steak(M@S)
1 tin marrow fat peas
1 tin of new potato's
Potato's in pan first til warm,then add stewing steak,when that is warmed through add tin of peas.
Pour into large bowl and add copious amounts of black pepper and Hendersons relish, afeast fit for a king and very little in the way of washing up.

B

Oddly enough Chris that is what I was going to put for my first recipe. Only useing instant mash instead. New potatoes sounds better though.
I would rate that very highly.

Any more lads?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
heres one.....boil a pan of pasta shells or twists.once that is done,add a tin of sweetcorn and bring back to the boil.drain off the water when that is done and then add a tin of tuna,i prefer tuna in olive oil but i suppose you could use tuna in a spicy tomato type sauce with herbs etc....a lot of supermarkets stock tins of tuna in different sauces etc....
once this is all mixed in,either empty onto a plate or eat from the saucepan...bloody handsome!!!

B

Nice one Nick.

Come on Deanos, throw us one of your Aunty fat Sandras recipes.(-;

P

paul williams 2

I keep hearing about this Hendersons relish stuff.......got to try it!

My simple one burner special.....

One sachet of Tilda meditareanean rice.....cooks in about 3 mins......tip in a tin of sild in tomatoe sauce (not big sardines, they are all scales) and heat a couple of more mins and eat!

I have always got this in the truck as a tasty easy to keep meal for emergencies......even in this heat they kep fresh and taste great.

Cheap German white with a good splash of casiss does the trick to drink with it!

Z

Zi-Zu

DB does a very respectable chilli con carne with rice and toasted nan,scrummy,come on where are you?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

A big pan of home made chips and bread and butter ...

B

Bob Watson

My no.1 on the bank is as Chris' above but with a small tin of carrots added. Other bankside favoututes are the new dolmio pastas with bol' sauces or a tin of tommy soup with pasta shells in.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Henderson's relish Paul, Worcester sauce mate with a different label.

You can buy chilli con carne in tins now so it would be that, tinned new tatties followed by a nice glass of cider, I likes I cider 'cos it makes I f... well we won't go into that eh! I'll call it musical phruumppp!

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Zi-Zu he was only doing that because he was not catching.
The best bank food has got to be the english breakfast, after a bad nights sleep.
The smell of bacon cooking on the bankside mmmmmmmm.

I

Ian Cloke

Boil some pasta(most sorts will do) When nearly cooked take it off the stove and strain. Then fry some bits of bacon, add some mushrooms and tomatoes (grlic & herbs are optional) then add pasta. Stir it all together and eat. If you have some parmesan, it just makes it a bit better;-)

P

paul williams 2

I thought exactly that Graham......but someone said it was better than Worc s!

Years ago i was in deepest darkest Leith in Scotland late at night....i ordered a fish n chip supper, the big , no massive Scot serving me said something like d ya wan salt n sauce ya sassanach?

I said what do yer mean fatty?....OK i said yes please!

It was Worcs sauce! bloody great on Scottish fish n chips........so the question is to all you Henderson lovers...

Why do the Jocks pass you twice to get to a Midland product? :)

F

Fred Bonney

Soft fry onions & garlic, add a can of chopped tomatoes,some mixed 'erbs sprinkle of Nam Pla,pepper, cook gently for 20 minutes, add a can of clams warm through.
Whilst cooking, cook pasta al dente,mix together
...Vongele

C

Christian Tyroll

Buy some Fafels or what ever there called and stick them in a salad with nam bread. Ok its not hot but still jolly tasty.

B

Bob Watson

chille con carne in tins.....eugh!! I tried it last time out, tastes like Sh*****stagg!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I couldn't live without Hendersons. When I visited Britain in the 70s and 8os, I always took a goodly measure of it back to SA. The wife used to love it.

It's not like Worcestershire sauce at all you heathens in the South, although I do like my Lea and Perrins too.

It goes best with a good thick chunk of cod with chips. It beats vinegar any day.

I couldn't think of making a good stew without Hendersons. Swordsy is a chef and rates it highly.

It is only available in a radius of about 15 miles from the centre of Sheffield.