Cordura Rod Tubes.

guest61

Reaction score
Hi All

Does anyone know of a supplier / manufacturer of custom made cordura rod tubes?

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Mark

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Mark,

Follow this link ....

Sparton Rods

Near the bottom of the page may be what you are looking for ?

And they are based in the UK !

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
They claim to be...

"The most forged independent fishing tackle designers in the Whole World !" :eek:mg:

Indeed - The boss of Sparton rods certainly seems to be a bit of a character !

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hi,
Steve parton is a real down to earth person and a true gent with a wicked sense of humour...as you can tell from his web site, but it does make me wonder why he has not been sued by the yanks yet!!!
the tackle he makes is superb, well, that is if you want to throw a lead fly line many yards!!! and his lectures and dvds are full of wit...nice chap.
I am sure if you call him, he will do his up most best to make you a rod tube and they will be really good quality.

mark

guest61

Reaction score
Buy more expensive rods in the first place. You'll get "free" Cordura tubes with them.;)

This is not always the case. The Daiwa Spectron M2 17/20 that I have didn't come with one, yet the cheaper 'whisker' barbel did. However, the question was where can I get one?

Mark

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

great advise sam,
thats why I am going to buy a Diawa spectron, you get a nice tube!!!!

mark

I didn't, I hope that you do.

Mark

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

These are not Cordura but are quite nice Alloy ones

Aluminum Rod Cases

Thanks for this.

Mark

sam vimes

Reaction score
This is not always the case. The Daiwa Spectron M2 17/20 that I have didn't come with one, yet the cheaper 'whisker' barbel did. However, the question was where can I get one?

Mark

Lighten up fella, it was entirely tongue in cheek anyway.;)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
all spectron rods SHOULD come with a tube, If I were you I would contact customer services and ask them, they will hopefully send you one. are you sure the tackle shop didn't pull a fast one and give (or sell!) it to someone else?

mark

guest61

Reaction score
To clarify the Spectron came with polycarbonate tube with plastic ends - (£3,99 from my local tackle shop). I wasn't looking for a Cordura tube for it especially.

My enquiry regarding Cordura tube with a carrying strap & zipped ends such that manufactured / sold by Wychwood; was for taking a single two piece 12ft rod in the car. For a session in the presence of some wary Chub and Barbel - as I seem to be prone to damaging the eyes of my rods with remarkable frequency at the moment - possibly an age related thing or something that my Gym teacher warned me about.

Mark