Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast
    EC Guest

For charity, say 5 a man, with individuals and teams fishing in their own regions.

1 point per species caught, game, sea or coarse!

Any interest?

Blog Entries

How many per team Eddie?

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Sounds interesting Eddie, how would it work?

EC Guest

I wasn't thinking anything too rigorous rules wise lads, something like (and its all open to debate)

Teams of 4 max, with individuals also to fish for 12 or maybe 24 hours.

1point per individual species caught per team.

1 bonus point for the biggest specimen of each species, so the angler who catches the biggest roach of the day, gets 1 point for catching the species and 1 point for the biggest individual fish, therefore 2 points. Every one else who catches a roach gets just 1 point so if only 1 angler catches a particular species, a dogfish for example, he/she gets 2 points.

The winning team/individual is the one with most points.

In the event of a tie, the team with the most species caught is the winner.

If there is still a tie then the fish that is the best specimen, ie is the biggest percentage by weight of the current national (BRFC) record will decide the overall winner!

Something like the above anyway, wouldnt want to make it too rigid rule wise, the idea would be to have different teams around the country taking each other on, on a given day, maybe all fish to be photo'd as proof, what d'ya think?

Sounds OK mate.

So would we have to travel, or fish my local and record the fish and weights?

I've got my team of four sorted.

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester Guest

I'll have a go.

Have you got three mates Baz?

;-)

EC Guest

Well in Bazza.

Steve, I was thinking about lads fishing their own region, or wherever is convenient,just to make it a bit more accessible to anyone who wants to join in, you could enter as an individual and/or within a team.

We'd all submit our results by a set day with the winners and losers being named and shamed on FM taking the plaudits and p*** taking that goes with it!

Could be a crack to have a bit of regional competition with teams/individuals from around the country.

There's also the potential for a few grudge matches maybe the AT and AM could field a team as they have people who come onto the site, HPS & DVSG, FM admin crew and so on.

Whatever people want really!

Ian Cloke Guest

I'm interested Eddie, especially as it will raise some cash for charity)

Sounds good. Though I don't have any friends.

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast