Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default What do / should you do?

Last Wednesday caught a Bream (notionally 2lb) from a stretch of the Shropshire Union Canal - the fish had an ugly open sore behind its head. The fish was feeding and fought well, I returned it immediately. I thought nothing more of this until I caught another of similar size yesterday afternoon with a similar wound - an open flesh wound with bone visible, on its flank just below its dorsal fin.

I caught other species of fish with no such 'damage'.

These wounds didn't look mechanical - such as a stab from a cormorant.

I had no means of taking a photo and I have reported this to the local EA fisheries officer. Its hardly a major incident. There were no other signs of fish in distress in the area.

My Questions is.

Is there anything more that I can / should do?

Mark

Default Re: What do / should you do?

I,d have knocked it on the head and handed it in, you would be doing the fish
    and the others a favour. Having a sample would save the E.A time, sounds like an ulcer, the cause could be many things. New member Darrell has got Crucians
    with something similar.
    PaSC Failed Club

Default Re: What do / should you do?

Quote Originally Posted by beerweasel View Post
    I,d have knocked it on the head and handed it in, you would be doing the fish
    and the others a favour. Having a sample would save the E.A time, sounds like an ulcer, the cause could be many things. New member Darrell has got Crucians
    with something similar.
    Now that I have a contact at the EA in time I may do this - in first instance he's interested in photos.

Mark