New Idea (sort of invention!)

N

Nicky Garbutt

i did some thing like this last year in school. it was a new way to store lures but tryed to get it notice and they was no joy.

A

Ashe Hurst

About 10 or 12 yrs ago my self and a mate converted floats and feeders to make a float feeder, also chatted about a rod with no rings and the line threaded through it. look whats come out in the last few yrs, I think a lot of us out there have very simular idears.

M

Michael Hall

I cant spell either so theres two of us!

I think one thing I might be able to do is make them my self and have my own website for it!!
But with some sort of copy right law on the product thats probably the best way to do it!

A

Ashe Hurst

When u have made a few give us a go at one,ill test it out and get others to try it.See what others think.sounds a good new product.

M

michael hall

I`ll get some circuit boards produced and I`ll make some for you to try out. And if you want you can give me some things that I need to improve or customise.

I see what I can do for the next week or so ok

D

David Granger

rods with no rings came out about 30 years ago
(maybe copying an older design who knows) it used an american crank handle so the reel (a closed face) was in line with the rod,unfortunatly it had inherent flaws ,if you cast with even a small bit of weed attached to the line on the reel it blocked the end hole and the blank swiftly wore through ,as for feeder floats even older,unfortunatly now adays MOST technology is copywrited in some way ,if you invent something that isn`t then the patent law is a minefield ,an old employer invented a ladder that was used on boats ,it only bent one way,therefore it didn`t go under the bulge of the boat when climbed ,it cost him over a ?100,000 to patent worldwide

N

Nicky Garbutt

ive got a good idear but it my have been used before. a solar drip charger for your bite alarms the same thing you use for your car when its in the garage. any idears thanks.

M

michael hall

You could bring it out i would of thought but you would have to change the name i would of thought!

M

Michael Hall

just an update
I have now improved my rather complexe circuit and I am starting to make the cases
so those who want to test it it should be totally fisish in about 8 weeks

S

Steve Clements

Michael ,
there were threads on copyright issues on both FW and RMC concerning a chain link indicator..the person concerned wrote to an Essex tackle manufacturer with the idea , was encouraged to develop the idea and heard no more until another manufacturer had released the same thing under his own label..whoops! , there went all the hard work and research , straight into others pockets..keep schtum until you are satisfied with the integrity of any possible partners , you will find a legal obligation firmer standing than the flexible moral stance.
Sorry to appear cynical all.
Best of all...good luck and pm me for any more details.

A

Ashe Hurst

Hows things going with your system,any luck yet?
As an all rounder,would your system suit sea fishing rods?,
Im a very open minded guy and feel any contribution to fishing tackle development must have a positive impact.
Have you produced a prototype yet,what was the result?

M

Michael Hall

As a matter of fact I have just started by circuit board layout for the componants to go on! and my case is nearly finished. its should work for sea rods cant see why not! I have had the circuiton a breadboard and it works ok! so about another two weeks!

I`m glad that you have taken an intrest!

A

Ashe Hurst

Thanks for your E mail.

Im not an angling instructor but hope to enrole this year,bit hard finding a fishery
to work from.
Got 6yrs youth work and teaching behind me,and lots of contacts.
I have taught angling but on a friendley basis,both adults and children and used my
lesson plans etc to put a lesson together.
Im in the process of setting upan angling ,nature and conservation group,so will have to get the qualification as we plan to provide angling tuition.

R

Ray Cox

Hi Michael, I work for a Product Developement company ,we manufacture prototypes and production parts that are made from plastic .keep me informed how you go as I may be able to help with the cases for your device .I've worked for this company for 7 years now but we've only ever produced 1 item of fishing tackle and that was a bite indicator , but being in this line of work does enable me to produce various types of tackle / equiptment which would otherwise cost me money .It seems that most tackle manufacturers do all their developement in-house so it would be those that you need to talk to , AFTER you have a patent .