It?s Goodbye Jonny and Hello Dave

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Well, here he is. Give him a welcome lads but don't show him any mercy. He's got to get used to you lot sooner or later, and I'm on holiday next week.

Baptism of fire!

captain carrott

Reaction score
wahahahahahaha

hello dave good luck you'll need it with this bunch of nutters.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
You speek for yourself Carrot Top!

Welcome Dave and good luck!!!

Are you as tight as Mr McWallet or has Deanos got a chance of winning that VERY expensive barbel rod???

Hehehehe.

Good luck mate.

honslow

Reaction score
Welcome on board Dave.
Have a good holiday Graham. You fishing?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Welcome mate.

Just so the northerners understand that intro.....

Thowt i'd wri' eur lahl segment ta introduce missen as t' new assistant editor for fishingmagic, graham's new reet 'an' bloke. dev barba i 'ail fra t' fruitful lands o' new zealan', wheear t' lakes, coastline 'n surroundin islands are teemin wi' life! growin up i' aucklan', new zealan', it's pretty 'ard not ta form eur bon' wi' t' ocean, lakes 'n rivers 'n t' bounty thee provide. as eur beeam ah av fon' memories o' surfcastin off rocky ahtcrops wi' uz brothers, intoa fast runnin, tidal currents a' ti point 'n matherson bay. 'n ahl nivva getget t' sixes 'n sevens fishin experience o' fishin off t' side o' eur kayak on girt barria islan' wi' uz dad, armed onny wi' eur 'an' line, 'n catchin 'uge snappa. eur dodgy set up ah assure theur! in mooar recent years, fishin off uz 10 foot aluminium din-gee is mooar common, as is takin ruwad trips wi' mates up north for eur day's surf castin, searchin fert elusi' kingfish. ah av alsoa 'ed um reeight excitin 'n full-on fishin charta trips wi' friends recently, which gev uz um o' t' most memorable fishin i've experienced ta date. new zealan' alsoa offers um o' t' best i' gurt gem fishin, t' most popular species bein t' striped marlin, blue marlin 'n yella fin tuneur. ah av yet ta experience true gurt gem fishin, bur skeg forrad teur t' day! lake 'n riva fishin is alsoa reeight popular throughart t' whole country; wi' t' beautiful rainba trart, brown trart 'n salmon t' target species. ah ant 'ed eur 'uge amount o' freshwata fishin experience, avin onny done eur few trips on lake taupoa trollin for trart, sa skeg forrad ta enjoyin t' girt fishin 'a' is on offa int' uk. i skeg forrad ta meetin um o' theur within t' forum, 'n will be postin um o' uz previous fishin trophy shots int' galleree section, 'n 'opefully soon, um o' uz pb's caught int' uk! dev

W

Wolfman Woody

Not one of the Seville Barbers by any chance are you, Dave?

Bit too cultural that perhaps for one of our antipodean friends to appreciate....

Well,,,,, welcome aboard, I suppose or gid onyer mite.

P

Paul Christie

and of course do you have brown sauce when there's an egg on ye butty?

Jezzer

Reaction score
These are all very important questions....how about gravy with his chips? Or cheese maybe?

Welcome!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I reckon his evening would consist of

Roast Leg of Lamb followed by Hokey Pokey, ANZAC biscuits and some vegemite quiche and maybe a Kiwi all downed with a bottle of ginger beer whilst watching Lord of the Rings.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Greg: "Have a good holiday Graham. You fishing?"

Cruising the Scottish islands with the missus and the only fish I'll see will be on my plate with a big pile of chips!

J

john ledger

Welcome to the nuthouse Dave and remember to treat all Yorkshire men with the respect they deserve

Matthew Keating

Reaction score
what respect would that be again?

On the other hand, my dad's a Yorkshire lad so I'd better behave ;-)

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Good day old chap - I'm still looking for staff up at Furkum Hall (The old family house) and you chaps frpm dowen under make good beaters, if you're after a job.