Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: i-pod news

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

Ok Cakey, in i-tunes you can disable tha automatic update feature under the i-pod options, unfortunately it seems the pod has to be connected before it gives you the options.

Edit > Preferences > i-pod > Manually manage songs and playlists.

You can the access the i-pod through 'my computer' as a removable hard drive device and copy the songs back. You will need to set your PC to show hidden folders first.

My computer > Your i-pod > 'Tools' list from the toolbar > Folder options > View > Show hidden files and folders > click 'ok'

You should now see the folder called 'i-pod_control' > Music > one or more folders containing you songs.

Just drag and drop them back onto the PC where you want them.

Hope that's not too patronising but I didn't know how much you already know about PC's so I tried to make it all inclusive.

If you have to connect the i-pod before it gives the i-pod options in i-tunes you should be able to choose the manual update option before it possibly wipes any songs off.

If i-tunes has no songs in it anymore and none of the playlists that are on the pod it may not wipe any anyhow.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

Cakey Guest

ok cheers mate I will give it a go