Autumn

J

john ledger

Love this time of year when the leaves are falling and the river has that Autumn tinge.
Give me these wet misty days when the day never gets light and the roach and chub are calling.You cannot beat it
Fishing Heaven

R

Rodney Wrestt

Absolutely John,
Almost time for the roach, dace and grayling on the stick.

J

john ledger

I love it Rodney just love it,next three months are the ones you pray for and yes the grayling what a fish

I

Ian Cloke

Brillaint time of year John, not only on the rivers, but natural ponds/lakes come into their own, whilst the carp puddles die off;-)

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

As far as I am concerned today was the best day of the year.
Okay, I was at work but it was warm, misty and with the odd Rook calling I could have been anywhere. Only the inclusion of a small intimate river could have improved it.

Catch or not,next Saturday would be fantastic if it turned out like today.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Ah Autumn.

As John says it is the best time of the year. The summer noddies are gone and it's down to some real fishing on a river for real fish, like roach.

As I type I am busy loading my centrepin with Drennan 2.6lb Floatfish and sorting my stick floats.

I feel that with the decent rains we have had recently the Trent and the Idle will produce some nice fish.

We will see over the next few weeks.

R

Rodney Wrestt

It's my favouite time on the river too John, especially first thing when the river just starts coming to life, the jumps echo a plop every few seconds and the water has it's own sound as it passes by.

J

john ledger

I like the rushes when they go that straw colour and the river has that tinge of colour and when you look down the swimit looks a light shade of grey,yet you can see a black tipped stickfloat at 30yds.
That is piscatorial heaven plus no flies

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahhhhhhh yes I can see the tip dip once,twice then it's gone......... fish on.

Beecy

Reaction score
and best of all you can have a few sherberts friday night, knowing you havent got to get up at silly o'clock

Beecy

Reaction score
I'm definately an autumn/winter man

other than a top heavy young lady with a peachy arse, is there any finer sight in life than a flat calm river at first light on a frosty, misty morning?

Beecy

Reaction score
thinking about it, yes there is.

The captain of the team you have supported all your life, stood on the wembley balcony, cup aloft.

Alas, something John has never seen.

J

john ledger

What bait was you using Rodney because i never saw that float go

Beecy

Reaction score
I have seen it John, and believe me, a fine sight it is

ok, it might have only been the league cup, but a cup nonetheless !

P

paul williams 2

We will all be winging that the fallen leaves have soured the swim....to much cold rain.......temp droppped overnight......full moon........gets dark to soon........yep it's a great time of year....for excuses :)

Ron.......you are a very skillfull man!, i have just spent an hour trying to tie 6lb braid to size 12 and 14 hooks and my head hurts........

J

john ledger

Remember old Bernard Venables writing his article in the Angling Times with a title
PIKE AMONG THE ROACH PATARMAGAN IN THE AIR
Now i wonder why i can never come up with a title like that.
Because im a blockhead thats why

R

Rodney Wrestt

Two maggots degreased in Garam Masala powder overnight John, they smell great.