Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn

john ledger Guest

Love this time of year when the leaves are falling and the river has that Autumn tinge.
    Give me these wet misty days when the day never gets light and the roach and chub are calling.You cannot beat it
    Fishing Heaven

Rodney Wrestt Guest

Absolutely John,
    Almost time for the roach, dace and grayling on the stick.

john ledger Guest

I love it Rodney just love it,next three months are the ones you pray for and yes the grayling what a fish

john ledger Guest

Even the cow pats smell better

Ian Cloke Guest

Brillaint time of year John, not only on the rivers, but natural ponds/lakes come into their own, whilst the carp puddles die off;-)

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester Guest

As far as I am concerned today was the best day of the year.
    Okay, I was at work but it was warm, misty and with the odd Rook calling I could have been anywhere. Only the inclusion of a small intimate river could have improved it.

Catch or not,next Saturday would be fantastic if it turned out like today.

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member) Guest

Ah Autumn.

As John says it is the best time of the year. The summer noddies are gone and it's down to some real fishing on a river for real fish, like roach.

As I type I am busy loading my centrepin with Drennan 2.6lb Floatfish and sorting my stick floats.

I feel that with the decent rains we have had recently the Trent and the Idle will produce some nice fish.

We will see over the next few weeks.

Rodney Wrestt Guest

It's my favouite time on the river too John, especially first thing when the river just starts coming to life, the jumps echo a plop every few seconds and the water has it's own sound as it passes by.

john ledger Guest

I like the rushes when they go that straw colour and the river has that tinge of colour and when you look down the swimit looks a light shade of grey,yet you can see a black tipped stickfloat at 30yds.
    That is piscatorial heaven plus no flies

Rodney Wrestt Guest

Ahhhhhhh yes I can see the tip dip once,twice then it's gone......... fish on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast