Jeans and T shirt brigade

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Ive made me mind up, all lads wearing jeans and T shirts, (really bright coloured T shirts) should be banned from all fisheries,There is nothing more disturbing than seeing some bloke dressed in bright colours and jeans whilst fishing.It should be either CAMO CLOATHING OR proper fishing clobber i.e bib and brace, green trousers and other related angling wear.There is no excuse now a days, there are some great items of clothing you can buy to fish in.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
What Chris in them padded checked shirts? or looking like Rambo and his mates playing war games? that yanks for you though,

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Unless your are fishing a gin clear swim on a bright summers day what the hell does it matter what you are wearing?
Richard, do you think fish have watched Trinny and Susanah on "What not to wear?" Are fish followers of fishing fashion trends?
Have we all got to look the part as well! Has anyone got any proof-other than the size of Matt Hayes's bank balance-that TF Camo gear puts more fish on the bank? When you fish at 80 yards range anyway you could wear a pink sarong, a fluorescent turbon and a pair of gold stacked boots like Elton John used to wear and still not spook em.
Its all bollocks. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

But keep well away from my swim in your brightly coloured clothes. Do what you want to in your own swim but not mine thank you very much.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
"you could wear a pink sarong, a fluorescent turbon and a pair of gold stacked boots like Elton John used to wear and still not spook em."

Ought to be standard garb for flooded rivers - much easier for the rescue helicopter crews to spot. As long as the boots have good, cleated soles, of course.

T

The Monk

yes quite right too, camo all the time for me, even me underpants

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Come on Peter you no you want to stop wearing all that pink puffy stuff and switch to camo,i did'nt no Elton John was a keen angler, i bet he is a long pole man?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of British record fish were caught before cammo gear became 'fashionable'.

If it's sooooo cool I presume you'll be investing in some urban camouflage trousers and maybe one of those jackets in cammo orange for nights out on the town then?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I must agree with Peter...what does it matter what you wear unless you are on a clear swim...ok I wouldn't wear bright pink or neon colour T-Shirts at anytime anyway but when fishing the canal I wear jeans and an earthy coloured T-shirt and I have never blanked there yet...Alot of the cammo clothing on the market is really not needed...I think it's all money making....I bought a camo Thermal suit for ?20, pourly for the reason to keep me warm on colder days.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
How come you mention banning anything and all scouses get right defensive? I saw Elton John the other day in a bar, i was sat at the bar and he tried to get past me, there was'nt enough room so he asked me if he could push my STOOL IN, i said no Elton im not like that! :):)

S

sash

You could wear luminous pink on the bank and not be noticed by a fish, movement and vibration spook fish colour doesn't.

Saying that, purely from a personal taste point of view you understand, I don't think I'll be sporting any luminous pink gear in the near future.......

G

Gary Doyle

i agree, colour makes no difference whatsoever, its your movement ( vibrations, shadow) that spooks the fish. Sounds like a bit of camo gear snobbery here!! :p

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
When I said you could wear a Pink sarong and not spook fish I wasn't saying I DID wear gold boots, a pink T shirt or Sarong!
NB Claudia and Wendy,I lied about being Petra at weekends just so I could discuss undies with you. Sorry.You know they way old pervs get as they reach their dotage...
For the record, in winter I do wear a bib and brace plus waterproof,windproof and breathable jacket and wouldn't be without it. Its colour was immaterial. Actually, its all black with a little yellow piping which means its Camo at night!
During the summer and early autumn I tend to wear a darkish T shirt and old jeans and I am perfectly comfortable, particularly in the knowledge Matt Hayes, who is rapidly becoming the Tesco of Angling Products (another of his rods reviewed this week in AT)is not getting any richer at my expense.

Joskin

Reaction score
Are bright colours really what you want to see in the countryside???

I think some of you have been missing the point here. Yes of course you could wear any colour you like and not spook the fish the majority of the time and camo is in no way necessary but surely no one wants to see bright colours spoiling our countryside do they? Be proud of our mostly clean and green countryside dont disfigure it with your brightly coloured clothing.

Joskin

Reaction score
I am with you Richard if I owned a fishery I would ban bright clothing including the match guys.

S

Scott Whatmore

as has been said many times here, colour makes no odds to the fish. Its movement, vibration and your silhouette that makes the difference.

Having said that, I bought a camo T-shirt in the summer. It must be good because I cant find it now!

Sorry, I'll get my coat!

;o)

S

Sean Meeghan

In my opinion any fashion victim wearing camo gear should be banned. The only exception would be obviously second hand army surplus stuff. Just wait till it gets like the USA and they start updating it every season then we'll see who the real(tree) saddos are!

In fact in 90% of fishing situations you could be wearing dayglo pink with fashing yellow LEDs and it wouldn't matter. The physics of light transmission through the water's surface mean that as long as you keep low you can't be seen.

Now, I've just been admiring a beutiful powder blue romper suit on the Mothercare site. Wonder if they do it in a tall fitting ......

David Craine

Reaction score
I think that a percentage of anglers wear camo gear cos it doesnt need to be washed,
I wish I had shares in one of the companies who produce the stuff, cos it sells like hot cakes...why I wonder, a bit sad if you ask me. Realtree, Forces camo, and if you fish in the inner cities, Urban Camo... what a load of tosh....fashion I think, and you know what that means,?5.00 garments with ?50.00 labels.
Having said that I have a 3/4 length battle smock that my son gave me, ex forces, and I use it cos it washes and keeps the crap off me, and it was free.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I am with Sean. Its a fashion thing,just admit it. If you dont wear it your not part of the club!
Comfort is one thing, so why not wear green as we tradionally have before Matt Hayes thought of a way of extorting hundreds out of every so called specimen hunter. He's getting richer and you are getting poorer telling yourself its necessary. Hes having a laugh.