Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dave O'L Guest

For those that haven't heard, I was just sorting out young lads Chrissy pressy with WMAC today & they told me that Okuma brought out a new Eppix baitrunner last month. They reckon it's tasty the same as the Eppix regular.
    10 ballbearings, 2 ally spools. It is 60 though which brings it towards the price range of the Shimano's.

How they compare????????
    What with recent talk on the pred site about wobbly Shimano's - are they under threat?

Mike Fidler Guest

I'll check em out tommorrow!

Dave O'L Guest

Cheers Mike, I'm thinking of putting in an order.

Steve Burke Guest

Anyone know what the after sales service is like on these reels? Where do we send them for servicing or repairs in the UK?

Dave O'L Guest

Funny you just asked that Steve, as 1 of the other lads in the street caught me as I came in after work. He gave me his Okuma Chaser to repair. Spring under bail arm came free after he dropped it. ******, if there's 1 thing I hate is trying to sort out bail arm & spring. 3 hours, no luck yet!
    Think I'll look at the site as they have some details for some models?

Rodney Wrestt Guest

Hi Dave long time no see,
    I saw review a while ago and they do look good but I think the only thing that might be holding people back is habit, you know stay with what you know and all that. I think they look good and when I need to replace my current baitrunners I don't know if Shimano will be in the running as there are a few nice alternatives out there, the Maver range look quite good a well.

Dave O'L Guest

Hello young Rodney, see you were getting a bit scientific on the mixer thread, you got me worried.
    You know they say life begins at 40, well I was the other day & I found out I got a couple of quid left to spend. I've never had a baitrunner & never properly fished for carp. I think I'll be let out after Chrissy, so I might have a crack? I'll have to be careful & not get too excited as the Titanium still needs to be broken in - I've just not been able to get out.

Rodney Wrestt Guest

Congrats and many more of them young man, how's the new addition doing, I hope your saving up the paste you thought of... Wendy and I are waiting for a report. Remember to keep off the rusks don't know what they might do to a man of your age. ;0}~

Kevan Farmer Guest

I don't know about the baitrunner model but both my son and I have Okuma Epix reels. They are excellent. I actually compared these to similar Shimano's at the time. The Okuma's - of course - came out top. I may pop into WMAC in the week and do a comparison. Roy did say they would be having them in and I need to go in for a mate to take a look at a tele rod.

Kevan

Mike Fidler Guest

Sorry guy's I was running late today, didn't get a chance to pop in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast