Anyone braving the wind tommorow?

newbieneil

Reaction score
I have planned to fish the warwickshire avon tommorow but the winds are going to be 15-20mph gusting upto 40-50mph by about 1600 in the midlands so it could get interesting...i dont think i`ll be getting the stick floats out anyway!

Has anyone else got a trip planed for tommorow?

watatoad

Reaction score
Out fishing this afternoon tomorrow a couple of hours in the morning a few hours break then an afternoon/evening session, Tuesday an afternoon/evening session. so I for one have my fingers crossed that I and mine are not blown away.

little oik

Reaction score
We have had it since yesterday morning ,boo hoo .I was planning a waggler session yesterday but when i woke up it didn't seem that important .

Ian Scarfe

Reaction score
I might have a go at the Trent tommoz.But then again ,I might not.
Ian

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Just about to set off for three days on the kennet, love it, it's what we do!!

As long as I survive tomorrow looking forward to Tuesday in the company of Fred Bonney, should be good with tales to tell.

All the best.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Yes, I'm definitely going tomorrow, wind or no wind!

However I shall be cheating a bit as I will probably fish an fairly well enclosed lake that is not prone to high winds anyway- well apart from high up in the trees so an element of risk I suppose.....

The way I look at it is that this mild weather is not going to last forever and with the very overcast conditions it seems perfect Autumn fishing! I'm still going for roach primarily but a good day catching crucians will do me just fine.

I have just mixed some very soft cheese paste as a change bait to go with the custard powder paste I caught one or two on last week. Both are very soft and folded over the hook then flattened which seems to do the trick for some reason....Bites, (when they come) are sail away but casting difficult with such a soft bait-still, nobody said it would be easy!!

Good luck to all who venture out and, like the man said "Lets be careful out there"

little oik

Reaction score
How many did brave the elements then .And did you catch (fish that is not branches, trees, bushes, etc),

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Braved the wind yesterday; floatfished with a top and bottom float facing the wind. Umpteen tangles and a feeling of being blown away but some nice roach.

flightliner

Reaction score
Well, I went on a local river to chase a stripey or two with the lure rod, did ok until the wind picked up the lure and blew it onto the far bank-- luckily I got the lot back----