How many rivers do you fish a year?

sam vimes

Reaction score
With the exception of the Trent all the first 8 are within 50 miles so it's not as bad as it looks!

I can appreciate that. From my location I've got bits of the Ure and Tees as close as some of the bits of Swale I frequent. For some strange reason I never bother with them, never have in thirty years. If I were going to bother going further I may as well go the whole hog and keep going until I get to the Trent. At least there's a good chance of getting my moneys worth!;):D

watatoad

Reaction score
Many thanks all that is certainly a lot of river, sadly the underlying thread is for us all fuel costs. I know I will be fishing less at a distance in the coming year and concentrating a bit more locally. Mainly I have to admit because several friends are finding things very difficult and they are knocking some of our trips on the head, we often go off together which means we can share costs, which has helped a lot over the years.

What has surprised me with this thread is so many of you fish more than one river something which was not that common back in my early days of fishing, sure a few travelled around but it was a few rather than the majority although back in those days it was a bicycle, a bus, a train or club outing on a coach or occasionally a train.

Nowadays you want to be a millionaire to use the trains and getting that way for driving any distance unless there are a few of you. Maybe that would be the solution small groups going off together.

newbieneil

Reaction score
I fish the Blythe,warwickshire avon,Arrow,teme and severn but mainly the avon ...ive never had much success on the severn so i probly only give it 1 or 2 goes a season now,the blythe is only 5 miles from home so ive spent a lot oftime there.

richiekelly

Reaction score
only fished the derbyshire derwent this season, the reason being that its a new river for me and i have been exploring a long stretch of it, still a lot to learn about it as i have only fished it while levels have been low, i am a member of a stretch of the warks avon that i wont be fishing or joining again as the club has "improved" it by cutting all the overhanging trees back.

Nathan Walter

Reaction score
So far this season: The Kennet, Lea, Trent, Wye and the Great Ouse. Once the winter sets in : Itchen, Test, Hampshire Avon, Irfon and possibly the Dorset Stour. :wh

Last edited:

dezza

Reaction score
This year I've fished the Don, the Idle, The Trent, The Till, The Wamakirikiri, The Wakaita, The Mataura, The Taieri, The Vaal and the Upper Witham.

:)

matthew barter

Reaction score
In tjhe last year I've been lucky to fish.. The Madison, Firehole, Yellowstone and a few tributaries, lark, Wensum, Hampshire Avon, Nar, Wissey, Little Ouse and the Great Ouse. I've probably fished a few more that I can't remember at the moment. Loved it all, not bad for someone who can't afford a car.

Don't mean to make any one jealous but I'm fishing the Gruinard for Salmon in a weeks time.

Funny thing is I can get down quickly, often at work I feel my life is not in my own hands but then I realise that I can dedicate my life to fishing and I cheer up. It's not about how good you are it's about how much you enjoy it!!!