Angling Trust how many personal members

watatoad

Reaction score
Angling Trust how many personal members? A simple thing to ask or find out I thought and got nowhere. Sure I could phone them but why would I want to pay them just to make a call...talk about money grabbing.

They should in my opinion have the number pf personal members and the number of organisation and or club members on their opening page if they were a straightforward and open organisation.

Reaction score
Sure I could phone them but why would I want to pay them just to make a call...talk about money grabbing.

Money grabbing? Who's money grabbing, or have I lost the plot? British Telecom charge you for the call, not the Angling Trust?

Why not email them, which is free, if you're so desperate for the info?

The email is admin@anglingtrust.net. Address it to Will Smith, he is the membership manager...

You could use the opportunity to raise any other vital issues that come to your mind? I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback...

watatoad

Reaction score
Not a knock, nor do I have anything to bring up for them except perhaps they should look at their opening web page and make it a bit more cheerful and welcoming with a lot more of what they are doing in their news section, sure I accept their members are very interested in competitions, however a little more of their successes and even their failure might just make them less unpopular.

You seem very defensive why?

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Not a knock,
Of course it's a knock. Read the last paragraph of your first post. The information is available if you are interested. It's pathetically low no doubt. Personally I can't see why it should go on the front page, not everything can. If that's the best reason you can find to have a pop, I'm disapointed in you. Also, can't see anything defensive in ****y's post, slightly bored and factual possibly but defensive, no. Get out fishing Toad, you are spending too much time indoors.

watatoad

Reaction score
Of course it's a knock. Read the last paragraph of your first post. The information is available if you are interested. It's pathetically low no doubt. Personally I can't see why it should go on the front page, not everything can. If that's the best reason you can find to have a pop, I'm disapointed in you. Also, can't see anything defensive in ****y's post, slightly bored and factual possibly but defensive, no. Get out fishing Toad, you are spending too much time indoors.

Having spent over an hour on the net trying to find out, all I could find out was way out of date. My whole interest was sparked by a forum post somewhere which I was only reading this stimulated my natural curiosity. I simply wanted to know and felt as if I had walked into a brick wall, I would have thought their member numbers should be something to be proud of.

I then got a little disappointed when their new page was mainly about matches and thought they must be doing much more than this, then asked myself where can I find out? The forum sprang to mind.

All as simple as that. Although I agree I need to fish more, easier than writing.

Reaction score
Nearly 14,000 Members (Adult, Young Adult and Junior)
Over 12,300 Registered Only Members
Over 1,500 Member Clubs
Over 60 Registered Only Clubs
Over 250 Organisations
Over 15 Registered Only Organisations

Will Smith
Membership Manager
The Angling Trust
Telephone: 0844 7700616 (Option 1). Calls cost less than 5p a minute.
will.smith@anglingtrust.net
The Angling Trust, Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
www.anglingtrust.net

Last edited:

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Although I agree I need to fish more, easier than writing.
Absolutely! Amazing that more anglers born within the 'sound of Bow Bells' than fish in the river! (Not sure about by the grace of god, but I'm another one!)

It was about 14,000 last time I asked but maybe some on here have more up to date info. As ****y said, e-mail them, I'm sure that they will tell you.

Stu

Sorry Will, you posted while I was typing (slowly).

watatoad

Reaction score
Nearly 14,000 Members (Adult, Young Adult and Junior)
Over 12,300 Registered Only Members
Over 1,500 Member Clubs
Over 60 Registered Only Clubs
Over 250 Organisations
Over 15 Registered Only Organisations

Will Smith
Membership Manager
The Angling Trust
Telephone: 0844 7700616 (Option 1). Calls cost less than 5p a minute.
will.smith@anglingtrust.net
The Angling Trust, Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
www.anglingtrust.net

Many thanks that is brilliant. Just what I wanted to know.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Absolutely! Amazing that more anglers born within the 'sound of Bow Bells' than fish in the river! (Not sure about by the grace of god, but I'm another one!)

It was about 14,000 last time I asked but maybe some on here have more up to date info. As ****y said, e-mail them, I'm sure that they will tell you.

Stu

Sorry Will, you posted while I was typing (slowly).

Even funnier than you think I arrived somewhat unexpectedly and was born literally two doors away on the east side much to my parents consternation and shock, I was obviously a determined little whatsit right from day one...hehehe