Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Angling Trust how many personal members

    Angling Trust how many personal members? A simple thing to ask or find out I thought and got nowhere. Sure I could phone them but why would I want to pay them just to make a call...talk about money grabbing.

    They should in my opinion have the number pf personal members and the number of organisation and or club members on their opening page if they were a straightforward and open organisation.
    From a spark a flame will burn

    English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

  2. #2

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by watatoad View Post
    Sure I could phone them but why would I want to pay them just to make a call...talk about money grabbing.
    Money grabbing? Who's money grabbing, or have I lost the plot? British Telecom charge you for the call, not the Angling Trust?

    Why not email them, which is free, if you're so desperate for the info?

    The email is admin@anglingtrust.net. Address it to Will Smith, he is the membership manager...

    You could use the opportunity to raise any other vital issues that come to your mind? I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback...
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Not a knock, nor do I have anything to bring up for them except perhaps they should look at their opening web page and make it a bit more cheerful and welcoming with a lot more of what they are doing in their news section, sure I accept their members are very interested in competitions, however a little more of their successes and even their failure might just make them less unpopular.

    You seem very defensive why?
    From a spark a flame will burn

    English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    1,018

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by watatoad View Post
    Not a knock,
    Of course it's a knock. Read the last paragraph of your first post. The information is available if you are interested. It's pathetically low no doubt. Personally I can't see why it should go on the front page, not everything can. If that's the best reason you can find to have a pop, I'm disapointed in you. Also, can't see anything defensive in Dicky's post, slightly bored and factual possibly but defensive, no. Get out fishing Toad, you are spending too much time indoors.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Subtropical Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    24,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by Dicky (Angling Trust PAC) View Post
    Address it to Will Smith, he is the membership manager...
    And you wonder how he fits it all in with all that film making stuff!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by watatoad View Post
    You seem very defensive why?
    The ATr have come in for a lot of attacks in the past. Simple as that.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

  6. #6

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by stu_the_blank View Post
    Of course it's a knock. Read the last paragraph of your first post. The information is available if you are interested. It's pathetically low no doubt. Personally I can't see why it should go on the front page, not everything can. If that's the best reason you can find to have a pop, I'm disapointed in you. Also, can't see anything defensive in Dicky's post, slightly bored and factual possibly but defensive, no. Get out fishing Toad, you are spending too much time indoors.
    Having spent over an hour on the net trying to find out, all I could find out was way out of date. My whole interest was sparked by a forum post somewhere which I was only reading this stimulated my natural curiosity. I simply wanted to know and felt as if I had walked into a brick wall, I would have thought their member numbers should be something to be proud of.

    I then got a little disappointed when their new page was mainly about matches and thought they must be doing much more than this, then asked myself where can I find out? The forum sprang to mind.

    All as simple as that. Although I agree I need to fish more, easier than writing.
    From a spark a flame will burn

    English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

  7. Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Nearly 14,000 Members (Adult, Young Adult and Junior)
    Over 12,300 Registered Only Members
    Over 1,500 Member Clubs
    Over 60 Registered Only Clubs
    Over 250 Organisations
    Over 15 Registered Only Organisations

    Will Smith
    Membership Manager
    The Angling Trust
    Telephone: 0844 7700616 (Option 1). Calls cost less than 5p a minute.
    will.smith@anglingtrust.net
    The Angling Trust, Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
    www.anglingtrust.net
    Last edited by the real will smith; 14-09-2011 at 19:03. Reason: Full stop correction.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    1,018

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by watatoad View Post
    Although I agree I need to fish more, easier than writing.
    Absolutely! Amazing that more anglers born within the 'sound of Bow Bells' than fish in the river! (Not sure about by the grace of god, but I'm another one!)

    It was about 14,000 last time I asked but maybe some on here have more up to date info. As Dicky said, e-mail them, I'm sure that they will tell you.

    Stu

    Sorry Will, you posted while I was typing (slowly).

  9. #9

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by the real will smith View Post
    Nearly 14,000 Members (Adult, Young Adult and Junior)
    Over 12,300 Registered Only Members
    Over 1,500 Member Clubs
    Over 60 Registered Only Clubs
    Over 250 Organisations
    Over 15 Registered Only Organisations

    Will Smith
    Membership Manager
    The Angling Trust
    Telephone: 0844 7700616 (Option 1). Calls cost less than 5p a minute.
    will.smith@anglingtrust.net
    The Angling Trust, Eastwood House, 6 Rainbow Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8DQ
    www.anglingtrust.net
    Many thanks that is brilliant. Just what I wanted to know.

    ---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by stu_the_blank View Post
    Absolutely! Amazing that more anglers born within the 'sound of Bow Bells' than fish in the river! (Not sure about by the grace of god, but I'm another one!)

    It was about 14,000 last time I asked but maybe some on here have more up to date info. As Dicky said, e-mail them, I'm sure that they will tell you.

    Stu

    Sorry Will, you posted while I was typing (slowly).
    Even funnier than you think I arrived somewhat unexpectedly and was born literally two doors away on the east side much to my parents consternation and shock, I was obviously a determined little whatsit right from day one...hehehe
    From a spark a flame will burn

    English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Subtropical Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    24,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Angling Trust how many personal members

    Quote Originally Posted by the real will smith View Post
    the real will smith


    Nice one Will.

    Loved 'Independence Day', one of your best, mate! Rubbish speech by the President though!
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Angling Trust Challenges Politicians to Commit to Angling
    By Graham Marsden in forum FM News & Feature Comments
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 21:01
  2. Angling Trust £1,000 Prize Draw for New Members
    By Graham Marsden in forum FM News & Feature Comments
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15-08-2009, 20:36
  3. Angling Trust
    By Phillips Jerry in forum General Fishing
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 22-05-2009, 18:42
  4. Angling Trust calls on MPs to vote for angling
    By GrahamM in forum General Fishing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2009, 23:14
  5. FM members, Angling needs you.
    By Steve Spiller in forum General Fishing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-02-2006, 19:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •