Drennan Matchpro Medium Feeder ??

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Ok, i'm almost sold on getting a Drennan Matchpro Medium Feeder I just have a niggling doubt about how low i will get away with hooklength wise. Drennan state 3lb-6lb is ideal hooklengths for this rod. I normally use between 2lb-2.5lb. Does anyone use hooklengths this low with this rod that can give me some good/bad feedback ??

Any other general feedback welcome.

I really want to stick with Drennan. It needs to be 2 piece 12ft & i already have a Series 7 Competition Feeder that i'm hoping to upgrade from
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

mol

Reaction score
One of my favourite rods. Lovely looking blank with an attractive green whipping, stiff butt with most of the action being in the top section. The tips supplied do seem match well, IMO the 2, 2.5oz being the best. I've used it with open ended feeder up to 30g, so probably close to 50g by the time they're loaded so I think the suggested cating weight is pretty accurate.

I use mine for chub and barbel fishing on a smallish river normally with 4.5lb hooklinks, something the rod seems very well suited to, its happily coped with 8lb barbel. I'm not sure what you're trying to target with it but if you regularly use 2-2.5lb hooklinks I'd guess the rod might well be a hint overgunning for what you're catching.

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
One of my favourite rods. Lovely looking blank with an attractive green whipping, stiff butt with most of the action being in the top section. The tips supplied do seem match well, IMO the 2, 2.5oz being the best. I've used it with open ended feeder up to 30g, so probably close to 50g by the time they're loaded so I think the suggested cating weight is pretty accurate.

I use mine for chub and barbel fishing on a smallish river normally with 4.5lb hooklinks, something the rod seems very well suited to, its happily coped with 8lb barbel. I'm not sure what you're trying to target with it but if you regularly use 2-2.5lb hooklinks I'd guess the rod might well be a hint overgunning for what you're catching.

Looking for an allrounder really. Not really targetting barbel but most silvers from winter Roach to decent sized river bream/chub