As anglers are we judged by the equipment we use?

David Craine

Reaction score
Peter, I only did it to see what the reaction would be, there was no one upmanship intended, as most of us here know, its not what you"ve got ,its how you use it that counts...Most of my gear was new at one time, I just dont see the reason to spend a hundred quid on something that will not do the job one iota better than what I have allready.
Pss
I not only tiped thus on onr lig, i Haddent wore my gallses also.
PPss.. Andy got his message in just before mine.

darkuser80

Reaction score
Whether it be cane or carbon, Diawa or Richard Carter, as long as its suitable for the job in hand, enjoy.........

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

A couple of examples of people useing cheap gear, or gear that doesn't fit their persona.

The poacher on the trout water.
If the bailiff comes along they just used to throw the tatty old rod in the water and leg it. Usually baught from a car boot for a couple of quid.

Eastern Europeans?

Somebody on a private or club water for the first time. Probably breaking every rule in the book, because they don't know any different. But then maybe they do.

An iffy looking person with very expencive gear.

These are just a few examples that I have come across.

Some poles, rods, and gear just don't sit right with some people. And that is a fact.

The gear he was useing did not fit his persona. So I nicked him just incase.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Being fairly new to fishing I have fished with cheap tackle as I started off and now with more expensive gear as I have replaced it.

I think it is a bit like cars, they all get you from A to B, but would you rather drive a Yugo or a Merc all day ?

( Before you ask I've I got a hatch-back )

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You can get an operation on the NHS for that mate.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

How's ur Polish bus driver mate Baz, did you show him ur best swim's?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Yeah, and you want to see him pull them out. And he hasn't got a rod.

How's your back?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
David, hope you dont think I was accusing you of one-up-manship with the labels-just musing how having the right labels matters so much in todays Society.

David Craine

Reaction score
No offence take Peter, I just have a warped sense of Humour...What you say is so right though, sometimes you get 2 quid shirts with twenty quid labels.