Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cakeys Story

Les Clark Guest

This story as a bit of everything in it ,fishing ,girls and cars and all of great interest .
    Living by the River Lea AND catching a 30 lb pike ,it`s a shame that you never had that pike back before the pub closed down .
    Boilie on a spike??
    Lost me on that one Cakey .
    I could go on about Cakeys story but i will leave it to someone else to carry it on , i will just say one thing to Cakey ,well done mate , loved the hair .

Shrek Guest

Excellent story, thanks for sharing it.

Did a double take at the last picture though as I thought it was the irrefutable Granville Marzipan at first glance!!!!!

The Monk Guest

brilliant Cakey and well worth waiting for mate, some first class fish there mate and some good photogrqaphs too. Seems like a few of us were given away in the 50s, I was adopted too

Frothey Guest

great stuff cakey!

pic18.... ah ah ah ah staying alive!!

Bully Guest

Didnt realise you invented the "hair rig"...

By the way, where is the Jolly Fisherman?? I am sure I have drunk in a Jolly Fisherman. I seemed to remember it was not far off the A10 somewhere?

Cracking read Cakey, thanks you.....and weren't you just adorable as a wee lad ;-)

Les Clark Guest

" Seems like a few of us were given away in the 50`s " , not me Monk,my mother was for ever leaving me in my pram outside a shop and then scarpering off home ,but no one would take me !

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

Nice one Cakester!!

Rodney Wrestt Guest

Enjoyed that Cakey, Pic 18 has a bit of the Barry Gibb's about it )

"I put it back in the soup and put another boilie on the spike (who knows what I'm talking about?"

would that be the snapped hook / bayonet method of attaching the boilie?

good one mr cakey.

he was probably using the old plastic boily spike method.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast