fishing in france

T

ted clarke

Hi can anyone help, I am going camping in France in august round( Berny riviere )near Paris and the Loire Valley (Pierrefitte) What licences will I need and does anyone know any good Fishing sites ( lakes or rivers ) and any good internet sites to visit.

C

Cakey

Ted Ive fished up and down the Loire Valley but I dont know Pierrefitte ,looking on my French maps you are very near the River Loire but there are no local lakes to Pierrefitte so you will have to travel a bit .
approx 50 miles away is a lake that quite a few on FM know calle Vaumigny run by Franck and Dorita and you fish it on a day ticket basis and dont need a licence,there are quite a few of this type of lake around the valley.
the problem youve got out there is if you find a local lake you then need local knowledge, they can tell you where to get a licence if you need one
the licences are normally obtained in the local tabacs which are small bar type places that sell fags etc
also you have to find out if they allow night fishing ,the rules out there are still very vague from area to area but you need to know ,if you get caught night fishing in an area of no night fishing they conficated your tackle and anything to do with fishing and in some areas that includes the car !
I even fish a 3000 acre lake(more like the north sea)which came into 4 areas and you needed 4 licences to fish all of it 2 of which were obtained in tabacs one in a supermarket and one in the back of a florist and I can assure you only the locals know
so good luck and let me know how you get on

T

ted clarke

Thanks for that very helpful, does that site you listed have a web site, put it in google,couldnot find it, is it listed on a other site.
I see you support L.F.C, goes to show you have good taste.

T

ted clarke

Looks a great place i will check how close it is to the area i am in.