Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Matt, i know what you mean. The last month of the close season, i took a lot of walks down the rivers close to where i live. I learnt more about fish behaviour and feeding habits in those trips as i ever would from reading book. All i have to find are some tench in clear water...

Marcus, I found some clear water tench last year and learned loads. It transformed my tenching.

Fred Bonney Guest

As a much as I like the tug of a Barbel or Chub,mine has got to be a crack of dawn start, in the early part of the 'season' on a lake,pond or pit laying on for Tench

if I had to pick one method only and stick to this for good I would probably pack the game in.

choosing whatever venue/style takes your fancy at any particular time is what makes the sport so good

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

I agree with you Beecy, variety is the spice of life.

It was just a hypothetical question.

I know mate, thats what im trying to say, my favorite method is the one I fancy fishing on any particular day

with a rod!

Trotting for grayling, roach, chub.Long-range feeder fishing for chub on the middle trent, barbel fishing on the upper trent. Bream and tench fishing on treeton dyke, pole fishing for anything that swims on aston ponds. Walking the banks doing a recce and chatting with other anglers. Being in the company of like-minded people as i was on tuesday evening at the Angling Star annual dinner and prize giving sponsored by Climax Tackle. These are a few of my favourite things.

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Mike, you can't have five!!

paul williams 2 Guest

I don't think i have a favourite.....i tend to fish as my mood takes me nowadays.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast