Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Update from Poland

For anyone that knows me, or might be vaguely interested...

Well I've been in central Poland for a week now. The rod hasn't left its tube, still trying to get permits. Things are looking good though.

The 'small' (80 acre) water 2 miles from where I'm living is a reservoir. Deepish at one end with heavy weed growth. I saw small roach and Perch plus the first 2lb roach I've ever seen. Unfortunately it was dead in the side. I saw a decent pike have a go at something and lots of small fishing being chased by perch.

The big water (10 miles long) looks like an outstanding prospect. The sides are black with small perch. Something predatory, and very big, caused a large commotion 20 yards out, in a shallow reedy bay. From what I have gathered so far it holds catfish in excess of 100lb, big pike, zander to 25, carp up to 1 metre in length, large bass, asp plus hoardes of perch, roach, ruffe etc. My problem here is going to be access as most of the banks are boggy to the point of being inacessible. And when away from popular areas wild boar, adders and tics are a danger. Boats are available but the cost is prohibitive. Maybe one of my students can help in exchange for free English lessons, we will see next week...

I was quite surprised how many fish there are about, considering the reputation Polish anglers have.

More when I finally wet a line!

Default Re: Update from Poland

Sounds an intriguing and exciting water Ric,

Let us know how you get on
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Certainly sounds very interesting Ric, look forward to an update in due course.
    Jerry
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Sounds like a lot of fun be nice to see a few photo's so we can all go green with jealousy...hehehe
    From a spark a flame will burn

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Plenty of challenges again then Ric. Looking forward to your reports.

Elwin, should I post you some more tackle better suited to 100lb cats and 25lb zander, 1mtr carp, great suprise seeing you went with no great expectations, good luck mate, hopefully speak to you in the week, check your mails
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Do us a feature, teacher! Sorry I missed you - my Ma was taken to hospital etc etc so things changed. Sounds like you could lure fish without too much terror as long as you can get to the water... build your own stage!!

Fishing????? In Poland?????? Need permits???????

F"ck it!!! If anyone says anything - tell them you don't speak any Polish. why not gill net some of their waters whilst you are at it - set traps - long lines - whatever! Makes it all the more rich when you think how eastern Europeans have abused the privalige of fishing UK water when they first came over in large numbers!!!!!!

On a more civil note hope you have some great fishing - it sounds super

Quote Originally Posted by chav professor View Post
    Fishing????? In Poland?????? Need permits???????

F"ck it!!! If anyone says anything - tell them you don't speak any Polish. why not gill net some of their waters whilst you are at it - set traps - long lines - whatever! Makes it all the more rich when you think how eastern Europeans have abused the privalige of fishing UK water when they first came over in large numbers!!!!!!

On a more civil note hope you have some great fishing - it sounds super
    Thats it Christian get him locked up, ironic isnt it
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

can you get stilton over there?
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast