Want a Whopper? Then Go Whistle for it!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Come on then, what do you think of this idea? Funniest answer wins a book: 'Where to Fish - Coarse Fishing in Lancashire'.

Last entry by the end of this month.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Does this mean to say that a hair lip is going to become more fashionable than a hair rig in the ultra cult world of carp fishing.....

S

Stewart Bloor

I didn't believe a word of it until I went to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. Every time the ref blew his whistle Mark Fish came running over.......Then there was Jamie Pollack....Geoff Pike......Rod Wallace...

S

Stewart Bloor

...Nicky Weaver...Neil Rudd(ock)...Steve Bull(head)...

P

Philip Inzani

...tried the whistling thing but I don't recommend it. My head got all wet and I almost bloody drowned.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It still beats listening to Des O Connor records Phil

P

Philip Inzani

...no contest. If its a choice between listening to a permenantly looped "Best of Des" or drowning then show me the swimming pool and I'll supply my own rope and bricks.

S

Stewart Bloor

Actually, the idea of whistling for fish is not that new. Paul Williams tried it earlier this summer on the Lower Severn, when he bought himself a referees whistle. Unknown to him, the regular Saturday night disco boat was on its way upstream at the time.When the party goers heard the whistling coming from the field they moored up and quickly got off the boat, thinking there was a rave going on. Unfortunately, all they encountered was Paul Williams, which is how he came across his nickname 'The oldest swinger in town'. One of the ravers even asked him, 'Hey dude, have you got any hemp?'. 'Sorry, mate' Paul replied 'I've thrown it all in the river'. 'Why was that, man, was there a raid' came the reply.

P

paul williams

You seem to know a lot about those sort of things Sedge!!!! and in your postition to!!!!! come to think of it you seem to know a lot about what goes on on those severn cruisers just lately, I may just blow the whistle on YOU........DEBBY!!!!!!!!