The ACA

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I bumped into Guy Linley-Adams, The ACA's solicitor yesterday at a training course in London.

Chatting over lunch, he told me about some of the ACA's future plans to take on a more proactive role in promoting a clean water environment for the benefit of anglers.

I really get the impression that if anglers got behind the organisation and joined in greater numbers, then it could really take off.

How about those FM members who have not got around to joining the Association make it belated New Year's resolution to do so.

At the Kennet Grayling day and the recent Gold Valley match, those attending dug deep to support the Association but it is memberships it really needs.Lets go for it and really support the work it is doing and wants to do in the future.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Totally agree Nigel and have spoken to Guy over the phone and he came over very well.
I have been in the ACA since as long as i remember and any angler worth his salt should be a member.
They had a hiccup with you know who but thats water under the bridge,lets hope they go from strength to strength

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
The response to this thread is pathetic and shows the complete lack of interest most anglers have regarding the ACA.
Any angler not in the ACA ought to be bloody well ashamed of himself.
Sorry to say this but some anglers would rather have their packet of fags and dodge paying the day ticket than join the ACA

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

John, you are right although in fairness there have benn a few similar threads in recent weeks and I do think the profile of the ACA on the site has been succesfully raised as a result.

Let us hope that has resulted in a few more memberships.

Mart Smith

Reaction score
Until I joined FM, I was really aware of the ACA, however I've read this thread, downloaded the application form and written the cheque. It will be in the post after lunch!! Thanks for the promt :)

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Well done Mart credit to you and i will second what Nigel has said,welcome to FM you sound just the sort of member we need