Anglers moving companies

Reaction score
Deleted due to something I've just read and thought this might be taken personally -which it wasn't -

You've lost me there M'lud.

How did you find out?

All I did was to buy Dinsmore leger booms ahead of my favourite Drennan ones; my local had run out...

What can I say? It's hard not to take personally but I'm prepared to be the bigger man and let it go... I see no reason why this should kick off in any way?

OK, Ok, so Dinsmore's are black and Drennan's muddy green but they both take a large ESP bead on the other end which makes them very free-running...

I'd hate to think this is the end of the road for us? I really enjoy our weekends at Furkem Hall... Can't we still stay friends despite my turncoat tendancies?? Lol! :D

Last edited:

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
**** Walker = False God was the wrong bait, Paul.

Youd have got a better take from the mythical Ron fish with ****-Walker = Strawberry pop-up boilie

..it was classic and i am sorry you couldnt get to use the priest!

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
It was my thoughts on anglers that swap companies - i'll give it a few weeks and re-post

nothing wrong with the subject but I did think that with recent news it might be seen as a personal attack or having a go at an individual - which it certainly wasn't

I did try to pm the person to explain but they aren't set up to take pm

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
For what its worth Lord Paul I know Ian very well and I know that within reason he has broad shoulders. If the content was not aimed at him in person then I am certain he will be fine with it.

We want these forums to be full of debate, lively and at times controversial, as long as it doesnt get abusive or libellous, plus I may be in the process of doing just what the topic is about so I would like to know what brickbats are coming my way!!!!!!!!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Without feeling the need to throw brickbats at any individual, who really cares which angler works for or is sponsored by which company?:confused:
I can honestly say that I've never bought any bit of kit based on the endorsed name associated with the brand or individual item. I find it difficult to believe that someone would once have bought Shimano due to Matt Hayes but now only buys TFG, does it really happen?:confused:

Good luck to anyone that can make a living from the fishing industry, sometimes wish I could, sounds better than working for a living!;):)

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
Sadly Sam there are very, very few anglers these days that soley make their living from angling and it is actually hard work, just a different type and nobody, but nobody gets paid to go fishing.

As for endorsement, actually there are a lot of anglers that will buy something because Angler X endorses it. But more frequently potential customers become aware of a product because a sponsored angler either writes about it or features it within an article or tv programme.

I will admit that I have.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sadly Sam there are very, very few anglers these days that soley make their living from angling and it is actually hard work, just a different type and nobody, but nobody gets paid to go fishing.

I'm aware of that otherwise I may be seriously looking at doing something in the fishing world when my current job turfs me out as over the hill after twenty two years!;)

As for endorsement, actually there are a lot of anglers that will buy something because Angler X endorses it. But more frequently potential customers become aware of a product because a sponsored angler either writes about it or features it within an article or tv programme.

I will admit that I have.

The latter isn't a shock in these media driven days, the former does surprise me. I suspect that a name would have impressed me in my youth. However, I learned my lesson early with an endorsed rod that I thought was rubbish.;) No names, no packdrill, people get upset.:)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
10/10 for anyone who has the skill, knowledge and balls to attempt to make any sort of an income from angling. It seems to me that those that show the sort of commitment and effort that can generate any sort of presence in the industry that puts them in demand should be congratulated. All power to their efforts.

The only question in my mind, for those lucky enough to be successful and in demand, is one of potential conflict of interest. That applies in any professional way of life, not just angling. There are so many aspects to the angling industry that that should rarely apply. In my view those many aspects often enhance and compliment each other.