Killer bream rig

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
I'd tend to agree with shaun (fox) to a great extent when refering to typical/conventional specimen bream fishing circumstances. However I think catching specimen bream during the daylight hours is a completely different proposition (much more difficult in general) to catching these fish after dark. That said I have found bream to be much less mobile during the daylight hours and consequently feel 'location' is of even greater importance than it is after dark.

The bad one

Reaction score
Nah don't agree. Some waters only fish during the day and others only in the night. Find out when they fish and bream are as easy or hard as they are ever going to be. Simple rigs, simple tactics does for em!

This Wesak is trying to make them into something they ain't!
Ask yourself why?..... sponsors I think you find!!!!!!

watatoad

Reaction score
I think there is a lot of hype, mystery, mysticism and pseudo mystery surrounding some media comments and references that I find very hard to understand...

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
Nah don't agree. Some waters only fish during the day and others only in the night. Find out when they fish and bream are as easy or hard as they are ever going to be. Simple rigs, simple tactics does for em!

This Wesak is trying to make them into something they ain't!
Ask yourself why?..... sponsors I think you find!!!!!!

On my waters I would expect to catch consistently throughout the day and night but to enable this the tactics need to be altered.

What I can't understand (and this is no reflection on alan) is all the fuss (from the press) about distinctly average catches by todays standards. Simon wrigglesworth, Matt Brown and lots of others who have fished with me will confirm that it is not unusual for me to catch ten, fifteen or even twenty doubles during a 24hour period yet the last few times I've sent these into the press they haven't even bothered to reply, let alone print the photo's. I don't even bother these days. It just goes to show what I've thought about the angling press for a long time. Your face either fits or it doesn't.

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
Thanks chaps, I prefer to call it personality; besides terry lampard, dave tipping, gary Newman and steff H have all been beaten equally hard with the ugly stick and bob roberts has had a right hiding!

redfin123

Reaction score
ok chaps give it a rest, some people like to think that they have invented something new. if it pleases him so be it. amen.

flightliner

Reaction score
Thats just a bog standard carp bolt rig thats been around for decades, change the lead for an old fashioned coffin lead and its been around for yonks!:confused:.
I thought it was april first when I saw it.
Someone will discover a float next:eek:mg:!

The bad one

Reaction score
That might be so, but it's dishonest of him to claim it's original! As has been shown in this thread, it ain't!

The guy or someone who knows him started this thread, not the regular members of this site.

Moral of the tail...... put yourself up for reasons best know to you and they ain't totally honest, People will take the big stick, as Tim points out, and beat you with it.

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
To be fair chaps the way I read the piece, it didn't seem to be alan who was making any 'excessive' claims, nor does he make claim to any originality with regard to the rig. Its typical journalism and to be fair to all involved the header is probably designed to help sell a publication. This type of 'hype' is something that we as anglers are bombarded with on a daily basis from all sorts of quarters of the various angling industries. No commercial concern seems to be above this sort of thing be it tackle companies, fisheries, or as in this case media so its a bit unfair to single out this individual example. (though I would quite happily slag off these industries as a whole)

As for the 'best rig ever' bit, Its only natural to think your own aproach is superior.
If I were bruitally honest I would claim that I think my own approach to bream is the bees knees (certainly a lot better than alans!). This 'confidence' (as long as you accept that sometimes you can improve matters) is probably an essential part of being successful. I bet several of those who have posted on this thread think the same about their own tactics.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Tim is totally right in my opinion; I believe my approach is very strong - that goes for my rig, baiting regieme ect. With this in mind I arrive for a session full of confidence. Generally I am very successful in comparison to my peers.

I will not be totally blinkered though and will adapt through personal experience or when observing the consistent success of a different approach.