Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frothey

Great second article, and this is building up to a very informative series.

However....... in the first article we read:

'Rods are the most important item' Dave says

In this latest installment:

'Hooks are the most important item'

Now, I know b*gger all about carp fishing, but I reckon that in the next two articles we will read that:

'Bait is the most important item'

Followed by:

'Fish are the most important item'

But I am perplexed that line didn't get 'most important' mention.............!

Still not sure what's going on

Frothey Guest

you're sooo last week kevin, as a tackle trader you should know that line is soooo last week - no-one uses it anymore....

I blame our esteemed editor for quoting me out of context - what i said was:

"If you are going to invest any money in one piece of kit, then I think the rods are the most important item"

I won a load of hooks a while ago so dont invest any money in them, ergo the rods were the item that had more invested in them........was that a good answer off the top of my head....??!! sorry, wont do it again.

also noted i really should send Graham some more pics of me with fish....turning into the FM "Jules"!!!!

The Monk Guest

that lead for sloping banks looks familar

nice article by the way Dave

Dave

Sorry, I really must make more effort to keep up with these modern developments!

And given that I live within (almost!) walking distance of a lake reputed to hold decent carp, I should perhaps make the effort to fish it this year

Might as well blank whilst fishing for carp as anything else, and it means I can buy lots of new shiny tackle so I can sit behind it all and become a 'carp fisherman' - can't wait.....!

Frothey Guest

thats the reason for not putting line on - you might actually CATCH one (god forbid) and get your mat wet.

Ahhh.....

Pearls of wisdom from the master. I see I have a lot to learn.......

BAZ (Angel of the North) Guest

An excellent second part Dave.
    when useing snakebite as a combi rig, and let's say I am useing a 12" hooklength. Would it be feasable to strip the coating back by about 6" near the hook?

Frothey Guest

it would...but why would you want to?

BAZ (Angel of the North) Guest

I am thinking of using it on one of my rods for Breem at distance. So I thought a longer piece of stripped snakekin would be better. But would that tend to tangle?

Iv'e failed to find unwaxed dental floss, all I can find is the waxed version. Is it still widely available?
    In the long distant past before we had such a large selection of braids and dacron was about the only braid like material comercialy available I used unwaxed dental floss successfuly as a hooklionk material.
    Nowadays I just want it to tie on my boilies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast