Competition Form

Gary Edwards

Reaction score
Hi the competition form for the "Go Fishing show" still does'nt work. The date of birth field (that is mandatory) cant be filled in....

Thanks,

Gary.

J

John McLaren

Gary, you have to use the calendar, just click and then use the arrows to go to your year and month then select day.

P

paul williams 2

i filled it in and at the end it said my application couldn't be sorted try again later.....3 times!

And that calander is a bloody joke!!

P

paul williams 2

just tried again.....this time it didn't say my app had failed it sent me to the AT site without telling me bo diddly!

J

John McLaren

I have to say that is what happened to me also Paul - there is another competition when you get there - for line and the same thing happens. I just assumed that it had registered and later i got a confirming e-mail from AT.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Succeeded, but the calendar method took some figuring out, just keep clicking the << and < or >> and >, and watch the date at top of calendar.

P

paul williams 2

John....yes mate that has happened for me to.

I know it's a free comp and all that but i would have thought those responsible for setting up the system could have made it easier?

Personally i think anyone who gets past the D.O.B has earnt a free ticket!

Gary Edwards

Reaction score
Hi All, when I get to the DOB field, the cursor will not go in the box. So obvioulsy I click on the calander symbol (gif). It does not matter where I click on the symbol, the calander does not come up, therefore I can not choose my particular DOB. Would'nt it be easier if the field was free text and asked for the info in the format DD/MM/YY?

Gary.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

you have to click the "<< >> and < > symbols on the Calendar

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Eventually sorted it but if it's "In Association With FM" (as advertised) why do we get directed to the AT site and get an automated "you visited our site" email?

Hope FM didn't pay anything for this!

Matthew Keating

Reaction score
Far from it guys, we only make money from companies such as EMAP etc advertising with us (who of course run the show as well as Angling Times), so they paid us for the privilege of promoting themselves to you through us. It's my job to make sure enough money comes in to keep the site going! Support from you guys entering these compos etc is appreciated making this job a little easier ;-)

Your right the system they put in place wasn't the simplest asit turned out, but it's their prerogative I suppose. We'd have hosted the compo ourselves if they'd wanted. We've certainly had smoother-running competitions in the past!

David Barber

Reaction score
Yip seems to work fine, confirmation of a successful entry is given as an email sent to the email address you supplied in the form. Agreed, the calandar thing is a little annoying but does work! I prefer the ones where you click frm a dropdown list for day, month and year...

K

Kevan Farmer

Mmmmm, has this one been drawn? Because with only a couple of days to go before opening it's cutting it a bit fine. Especially if the tickets have to be posted out..

I don't expect to win any as I've been very lucky in the past but it's a decent day out for those who will win.