Fishing technology gone mad?

clam

Reaction score
I didnt realize you had one Cakey.How much do they cost?

C

Cakey

I havent I was being orrible .........................got one on the baitboat though which I done myself for about ?40

clam

Reaction score
Got a tip for you Cakey,disguise your boat as a duck or swan.You can then go all over the lake looking what rigs people are fishing.Or load the boat with rocks then when you find the fish in someone elses swim,bombs away.

Rob 2006

Reaction score
I go fishing because i enjoy it. I guess people just enjoy the sport in different ways, so each to their own. I guess things will end up having to be catagorised when records are at question. Eg the person who tells a bite by float, quiver, touch etc and then the person who uses and alarm and then those who use these fish finder and camera things.

I rememeber mentioning that i might get fishing alarm to a friend who doesnt fish and they stuck their noses up and said it was cheating. I tried to defend it by saying that it wouldnt be for competition so it wouldnt be cheating. Cos my idea was to have one line hard on the bottom with a big bait set up on an alarm and then float fish for the smaller stuff. But she couldnt see that at all.

J

john conway

Not much good at night or when the rivers running high and well coloured. Could be good for sussing out swims in the summer though.

J

John Adair

It looks very much like a product which was developed for another application (although god only knows what) but now, after being renamed the CarpCAM (!) is being sold to gullible anglers.

I really can't see it being much use for anything at all. There's no hint on the website about how it actually gets to your swim - presumably you'd have to use a bait boat as a tug and tow it out there, or swing it round your head like a lasso and and trust your aim (and the durability of the wire)! I'd like to know how you're supposed to persuade it to stay in your swim too, if there's any sort of current.

And from what you can see of the camera, it looks like it's just underneath the water and aligned parallel to the surface, which I can't imagine would be terribly helpful most of the time.

I do like the retro batmobile look of the camera though!

A

Angler Saxon

I arrived at the water just as the first hint of dawn touched the horizon. Having selected my swim I ordered the ACME "Laze-O-Fisher" into action. Stepping back I admired the way it went smoothly into action. Hydraulic arms lifted various packs from the central hub and began to deploy
them. The auto-bivvy was inflated within seconds, followed by the camp bed
and sleeping bag. Robo-maid began to make tea and bacon butties whilst the
Daiwa "Swim Manager" drove in the rod rests with impeccable precision. Once the three submersible drones had located the fish the Ronco "Bait 'n' Boilie" mixer began firing ground bait with unerring accuracy at the spot. Meanwhile the "Tackl-Eezy" had set up the rods and, once the ground bait had
been distributed, delivered the baited hooks to the swim via "Tuggit" compressed-air mini torpedoes. I was now ready to catch some fish. Donning the "Sonar-Speak" earphones I listened to its reports. "A carp, pproximate weight 12 lbs, is appoaching bait number 17. 6 feet and closing, five feet
and closing. Fish has turned away and gone out of range. Alert! Alert! There is a pike in your swim. Shall I eliminate it?" And so on until, soothed by its gentle drone (and the tea and butties) I switched on the
"Auto-Catch" system and had a nice sleep instead. When I awoke there were six fish in the keepnet, one was a 19lb carp, a personal best for me. I went home with an inner glow of satisfaction and I couldn't help but feel superior to some other bloke that I passed along the bank. Unbelievably he was float fishing. A float! I ask you? Bloody primitives like that shouldn't be allowed on the water. By God, I love angling, it gives me a chance to really get close to nature and to pit my wits against the wily denizens of the deep. Now, I must investigate that super new product I've
seen advertised. The blurb "Catch big fish without leaving home" sounds intriguing.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Very good Saxon. Sadly the reason we find it funny is because there is more than a grain of truth to it.
Bite alarms to wake you while you sleep, bait boats to deliver bait and feed where you desire without casting, cunning anti eject self hooking rigs.
The time might come when your buzzer could give you a text message alert saying you've got a run while you are down the pub!

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

I think I need one of these for float fishing, as I'm quite old now ( 38 ).
The trouble is when I'm trotting, the float keeps going under and when I strike five minutes later theres nothing there.
This can't be my fault ?

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Oi Wend didn't I just quote that one yesterday.