Des Taylor v **** Walker....

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Morning Terry
Morning Spiders
Morning Merv

T

Terry Comerford

I'm very well Merv thanks, very busy.
I just lurk when I can.

T

Terry Comerford

Morning All, Des and **** I'd say both have contributed equally to the positive promotion of angling, but in different ways.

E

Spiders
The hat he was knitting was for himself ....he'd been heard to say in the pub the night before
" I'm sick of this stupid wide brimmed hat I wear and everyone ,including some bloke who's gone to live in South Africa, has copied ,that I'm going to knit myself a 'proper' hat -- has anyone got any camouflage coloured wool ...?"

E

Morning Ron

I hope you are keeping yourself nice and warm ...... throw another cane rod on the fire .....

Morespiders

Reaction score
Dont Ron, put some coal on,cane rods are no more use on the fire than they are for fishing, just bin them.

E

I reckon cane rods are ok for kindling though -- just to get the coal burning properly ....

**** knew a good bit of kindling when he saw it (thats why he put his name to it )

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Dear old Ray Webb used to spend hours knitting whilst waiting for a run from the pike.

He used to knit socks. He could knit a tube shape but could never get the heel or toe right, so he used to tie a knot in the end to finish them off.

This caused a problem with his shoes so he cut a hole on the toes to accommodate the knot! This allowed water to get in so he bound plastic bags around his shoes and wellies.

You lot think I am kidding!

E

**** was the same with his knitted hats --They used to have a big knot on the top

Rumour has it that many of the knots **** tied originated from when he dropped a stitch when knitting ...

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Id prefer crochering myself. With all them holes they make great socks,gloves and even hats.

E

one good thing about crotcheted gloves is that you could stick your fingers through any five holes (there'd be plenty to pick from)

T

Terry Comerford

That explains why they say he was a crotchety old sod.

T

The Seeker of Truth & Justice

Yet another potentially interesting debate consigned to the realms of lunacy.

T

Terry Comerford

Although a transparent one might be suitable for Cyril. :)