Tfg

dalesman

Reaction score
Mark.

Thanks for your honest opions on TFG and I take it fishtec. I have been asked to find a qty floar rod x2 for a old friend who wants to go fishing again with his 10 yr old son, but wants a rod for running water.

Chasing dace, roach, grayling and chub and his local shops are stuffed full of carp and commercial gear and was told to forget rivers, its commercials they should be fishing. They both fly fish rivers.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The TFG float rods are pretty good, I have the 13ft Classic as previously posted, however for not a lot more the Shakespeare Mach 3 XT is hard to beat.

Depends on their budget though, however this is a very decent price posted.....

NEW SHAKESPEARE MACH 3 XT 13FT LITE MATCH RRP £115115 | eBay

Got this model in 13ft, 15ft & 16ft float, plus a few of the feeder and pellet waggler models, super rods for the money.

The Pirate.

Last edited:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Take a look at the new range of maver rods at around £40 they are super for the money (maver don't put their name on rubbish!

mark

maceo

Reaction score
Yes I got one of those Maver Abyss 13' match rods to replace one I bust on a hawthorn tree.

I'm really pleased with it and for £20 (reduced from £40) it was a real bargain.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have heard lots of good reports about the abyss rods, as I said maver don't do rubbish so you can have faith in their gear.
There are a lot of folk on hear that swear my the shaky mach 3 range of rods, some say for the money they cannot be beaten ( I personally have never looked at shaky tackle since I was a lad, the tackle used to have a bad name years ago!) so take a look at those.

hope that helps

mark