Tfg

dalesman

Reaction score
See Matt Hayes gear advertised every where and in a few shops. But never seen it on the bankside or know of any body using it or owning.

What peoples opinions of the gear?:confused:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
TFG 8-10 ft all rounds rod- I've got that and for about £50 it's a great little rod - had carp to about 10lb on it - not problem and due to the short length it great for tigh river swims

red creel

Reaction score
I only own one piece of TFG kit but so far it has impressed me with its practicality and good design.I am refering to their compact seat box, if you are in the market for a lightweight seat box this is the kiddie IMHO.

syhaze

Reaction score
a mate has one of the tfg bivvies, a force8 or something i think, and it seemed pretty solid when i gave it the once over.

Rasmus Keis

Reaction score
I bought the chill out chair with a little discount. Very good for the price. It's light weight and very comfortable. Maybe not a good choice for a big heavy guy...

barbelboi

Reaction score
These are good value at the moment - bags of storage space and well made

140-counter-TFG-SPEC-0.jpg

2 options from £19.99 to £24.99
RRP: from £40 to £45
You Save up to £20.00
Members Price - From £17.99
Carp Luggage and Bags

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I only own one piece of TFG kit but so far it has impressed me with its practicality and good design.I am refering to their compact seat box, if you are in the market for a lightweight seat box this is the kiddie IMHO.

Second that...I've got one too and I can't fault it. I've also got the Compact accessory & bait carryall which is equally excellent for short sessions when I don't want to carry the box. Since I bought these two just about every other bag/box I own [and there are many ! ] have been relegated to the shed.

Windy

Reaction score
I've bought a number of TFG items including the chair box - after reading the reviews on here, advertisers please note ;) - some very nifty thermal underwear and the all seasons boots, plus numerous other little odds and sods bits and pieces.

All have been good solid honest quality, not titivated about, but good and reliable, do the job and at bloody good v4m.

I was never a Matt Hayes fanboi, but neither am I one of his knockers and I have to say that I buy TFG kit with confidence.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MH and his TFG does some decent gear for not stupid money, got one of his 13ft Classic float rods and is very nice indeed.

Seen someone recently using his 'Bank Boss' chair and accessories and looked pretty good, also someone with the seat box and accessories, a pretty nice decent of kit as well.

The Pirate.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a few items of TFGear, a couple of jackets / sweatshirts and a bivvy all bought through Fishtec. The TFgear items wher VG and the service fron Fishtec was second to none.

chris63

Reaction score
I bought the wife the bank boss chair. I couldn't believe the weight of it nor the size of the bag. Wife loves it when set up, but used rarely and only on long sessions as just to heavy for quick trips where any walk is required.
also got on of their pods for her - very wobbly and screws fall out too easily. Lost three and despite 8 calls to TFG asking to buy spare screws and each time being told "don't worry we'll send you some for free" i have yet to reive one!!!
Have some of the TFG clothing and also luggage and no complaints on that front.

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Bought the TFG all rounder as recommended by quite a few on here.

Brother has a heavy feeder rod that I bought for him on clearance at £17.50 nice blank for the money cork handle and matt finish.

Also picked up a rucksack on clearance for him, around £15.00 delivered for the xtuff.

For the money well finished and good value, you should always get some sort of discount, free postage or a free gift thrown in.

THE RRP is picked of a hat though

maceo

Reaction score
I got a pair of TFG boots and they're very nice. Had them for about 3 months now.

Fine in the wet grass and mud, but still to be really tested when the winter comes on properly.

paul80

Reaction score
Their tackle box is well worth a look as well, its like the fox system box but at a fraction of the price and it includes 4 mini boxes as well, which are about £6 each and extra from fox.

I have their Centre pin on order as well and that is now down to £49 on their site

Paul

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Not a bad Pin, but not what I would call a Trotting pin, would make a great Static Barbel Pin.

And yes it's down to £49.99 + 14.99 if you want the Line Guard + Postage £7.95.

= £72.93

I reckon the Marco Cortesi Mk2 Excellence Signature (the one with the Line Guard) at £40.00 + £5.95 P&P = £45.95 is better value.

Bob

Nathan Walter

Reaction score
I bought a TFG River and Stream quiver/Avon rod a few years back for £50. It's a superb roach/dace/chub rod. With the Avon top on, it can manage decent sized barbel too. Love using it.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well guys,
I know I have knocked matt hayes in the past (his tackle and that **** tv show) but to be fare he aint a bad bloke and designed some cracking rods when he was with shimano. What I should have said was that it was the company that markets most of his gear I had the problem with! They are the worst dealers that I had the pleasure of dealing with, their customer service is diabolical to say the least and they are full of false promises! They tell you that they heavily discount tackle for you the customer when all along they are just selling the stuff because folk will not pay the full retail price (airflo springs to mind...must be the worst flyline ever made, period!)
After the problems I have had with this company, I will never buy from them again...and no I have never bought an Airflo fly line because I already knew how rubbish they were!

sorry for the rant, I just don't like to see folk ripped off, I worked in the retail trade for 17 years and I have seen enough dishonesty to last me a lifetime!

mark