Des Taylor

C

Cakey

I've got no views on Des's views but I love him since seeing his cuttle mill video,one of the funniest carp vids ever

C

Chris Bishop

Half the fun with additives is you can never say for certain whether they work or not.

When I was a kid, I can remember being passed a bottle of a secret additive by an old uncle. It turned out to be a mixture of pilchard oil and aniseed.

"Yur tiz buyh," he said in a conspiratorial whisper.
"I rubs in on my flies when I'm after them sea trout..."

G

Gerry Castles

I dread to think about the smell coming from his trousers Chris.

C

Chris Bishop

Not a new story but couldn't resist it.

True as well. I think aniseed used to be banned, or at least everyone thought it was when I was kid.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Sedge,
Don't know which one scares me the most...But I think i'll be safe enough they won't get the right house. ;o~

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=testingsp&v=1&UAN=1561>Des Taylor And Badger Tackle</A>

R

Ron Clay

To tell the truth I have always got on well with Des Taylor. When I lived in Warwick he was the soul of helpfulness in organising fishing for me on the Severn. He spent lots of time walking the river with me pointing out the best swims for barbel and roach etc.

As a result he helped me catch lots of fish.

One must never forget **** Walker. He had the habit of getting peoples backs up on many occasions. He could be incredibly arrogant. Yet when you met him in the flesh he was charm itself.

Walker was also a very generous man. He gave me carte blanche for many years on his Upper Ouse stretch.

Although Des Taylor is perhaps not in the same category as Walker, he can be great fun and good company on the river bank. He has let me fish on many occasions from his private peg in Bewdley.

Yes I like Des. He has even bought me the odd beer.

S

Stewart Bloor

''He has even bought me the odd beer''

....And that's more than you can say about Mr Marsden.....

R

Ray Bewick

Nice one Ron, I was thinking along the same lines myself; RW in his later years used to drive me potty with his views on occasions.

The comments / writings made by other Anglers are rationalised by the rest of us; I like to think we took the best & left the rest!. However, we have looked far too long for his replacement its well past its sell by date IMHO, let those with the will & thrust do it.

Best fishes & happy new year to ALL

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Des phoned me yesterday (on another matter, nowt to do with this thread). But while we were nattering I asked him for a comment. He said, "I'll probably be as controversial in 2002 as I was in 2001. And a happy new year to you all!"

T

Terry Mann

Graham,
Perhaps it might be possible to do a review of some of the Badger Tackle or even the additive that started this off. Des would lend you some would,nt he ?
It would be nice to have a reasoned view on it.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Spoke to Des yesterday about Badger Tackle and I should be getting some for review soon.

I also asked him about the 'secret bait' and this is what he said:

That as soon as the weather takes a turn for the better he will take me to a lake he knows where we will fish neighbouring pegs. He will use any bait except the 'secret' one and I will use the 'secret' one.

I will, he said, definitely catch a lot more fish then he will.

And then he will use the 'secret' bait, and me any other bait I care to, and the success will be reversed.

I make no comment, except that I look forward to the 'trial'.

B

Barry Kneller

Say what you like about **** Walker but no one has ever devised a better way to get rid of a horse thats laying down in the peg you want to fish!

R

Rob Brownfield

Des is just using AT as a free way of generating interest in a new bait, soon to be released on the market...its as plain as the nose on his face...

Its an old ploy....generate interest, give a few teasers...then, when people are screaming to find out what it is...release it on the market (under the Badger banner no doubt).

Probably just suplus Ultrabite that no one can shift now anyway!..lol

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The bait is made by, and will be marketed by, SBS.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I read the follow up article and Des's Groundbait mix was crushed CSL pellets mixed with liquid CSL and a helping of "The Edge", can't help wonder if the CSL is the wonder bait...I'll be looking forward to the results of your sessions with Des Graham. I remember that Des raved about CSL a while back and said it was a great fish attracter and so it has been but now it appears he still uses it for the fish drawing qualities but I would have thought a better test of the quality of an aditives fish drawing ability would have been a bland or plain base to see if the mix was as effective as CSL in the first place.

B

Birds Nest

The gunk he had in the pot did look the same colour as my bottle of CSL liquid....

R

Rob Brownfield

SBS...now that IS interesting!! I thought he was only working for Badger???? In a normal job this would be known as "conflict of intrest" since Badger make bait too...

I still say its all the returned Ultrabite....hehehe