what fishing gear have you sold and then regretted get shut

Terry D

Reaction score
I sold all my feeder rods (Daiwa Connoisseurs) and whips when I moved to Canada. Came back 3 yrs later and thankfully, have managed to replace them thanks to eBay, costing more than what I sold the originals for. For those that don't know, you can't feeder fish in British Columbia as it's classed as 'chumming'. They don't want you catching too many salmon and steelheads, no matter what you're fishing for!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Can't say I've really regretted selling anything except perhaps an Abu 505 that was unmarked, but I ask myself now, would I still be using it? Probably not. Also sold a Cardinal 54 in same condition on eBay that went for an incredible £82, almost 6 times what I paid for it, no regrets!

I have one rod that is out on semi-permanent loan, it's an original Leeda Blue Diamond, with a friend. The conditions of the loan are to return it a) if he ever gives up fishing, b) if he buys a rod to replace it, or c) if he turns his toes up and snuffs it. Option C almost happened last year when he suffered a heart attack and I almost got my rod back, but the swine got better and is now making me wait! ;) Naturally, I regret offering the loan now! :D :D