Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default what fishing gear have you sold and then regretted get shut

I sold my old pole - 11m pole that really bent like a boomerang at 11m to a chap and he happed to mention lure fishing

I said I'd 2 lure rod I'd not used for ages
    one was a 6ft light ros teamed witha baitcaster real - and the other was a very cheap 8ft lure rod

the bloke said he'd give me £60 for the lot - a quick calculation and that was roughtly what I'd paid for the rods and reel 5 yrs ago -so I sold them - leaving me with a travel spin 9-11ft rod which I thought would be ok for my lure fishing - trouble is it's 6 piece job

Since selling them I'd regretted the move and bought a 8ft lure rod 15-30g casting weight 2 piece cheaply and this casts nicely

what have you sold and widhed you hadn't
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Default Re: what fishing gear have you sold and then regretted get shut

Absolutely nothing. Mainly because I rarely sell anything, if I do it's because it has been replaced by something far better. The snag is that I've got a fair bit of stuff that is sitting around redundant. I really need a clearout.
    I don't even recall breaking anything that I particularly regretted either. I have mislaid a couple of Abu 507 GoldMax reels that has got me a little miffed.

Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The universe
    Blog Entries

I sold my origanal jw avon quiver ,which i'd had for 10years or so too replace it with the newer (well new then) jw avon/quiver system (first version with green blank) oh dear it was good but not as comfortable as my origanal twintop version ,so a few years of persevering i gave in and brought a old origanal version .

i had a old 5" centrepin ,that i used for barbel fishing a rolls royce special ,i swapped it for a smaller centrepin ,then this year i traded for it back .

not so much as sold ,more the fact it was stolen ,i'd had a old abu 507 that got stolen in the mid ninties ,and have since brought two too replace it ,one to use and a spare
    Chavender Floats
    I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Quote Originally Posted by chavender View Post
    I sold my origanal jw avon quiver ,which i'd had for 10years or so too replace it with the newer (well new then) jw avon/quiver system (first version with green blank) oh dear it was good but not as comfortable as my origanal twintop version ,so a few years of persevering i gave in and brought a old origanal version .
    I have a JW Avon Quivertip rod which is the only rod I've managed to damage and not care a jot!
    However, I'm puzzled by the chronology of the various JW rods. Mine was bought, second hand, around 1988. I was always under the impression that it was the original version but it's a dark green blank with black whipping with purple highlights. It has a horrible short duplon handle with old style reel rings.
    The white graphics read Masterline John Wilson Avon Quivertip AV110 Carbon. It has two seperate tips one fixed quivertip and one Avon top. It's certainly matches the rod that featured heavily in the Go Fishing series I watched as a kid in the mid-eighties.

I haven't sold, it's used or it piles up in the garage. I did however dump a few old fibreglass rods when we moved a couple of years ago - I don't regret it.
    Jerry
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

I rarely if ever sell anything but rather hoarde it away.

This is probably why I can only get one very small car into my rather large double garage at home.

I even had a large 12' long by 7' high set of cupboards built in there . . . . . . . and I've converted the eaves to take my rod holdalls and brollys, and the walls are hung with chairs, bedchairs and netbags.

Inside the house, in the under stairs cupboard, it is full of bivvies, sleeping bags bedchair covers etc. and one closet in one of the spare bedrooms is full of fishing clothing and waterproofs.
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 19-10-2011 at 12:24.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

And when will the PJ Tackle Emporium by opening for mail orders?
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

I guess it will be when I can no longer hold a rod or a pole, but hopefully, not yet . . . . . . . . . . not yet.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

A couple of custom built kevlar carp rods on North Western blanks,Fuji everything and cork not the trendy duplon at the time.

Not such much sold by me but by my mother after I moved out she had a clearout of my stuff that I left behind as I did not have much storage.

Sold for £5 the pair at a car boot yep £5.......regretted leaving them at my parents, apparently the bloke who bought them was very happy...bet he was.

Sold a Paul Witcher Aerial some years ago

Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast